As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for communicating customer needs and collaborating with the project team(s) and stakeholders to shape the strategy and technical implementation of multiple software projects. You will represent the needs of external customers, Product Management, Engineering and other stakeholders, creating alignment on acceptance criteria for new features and overall market need.
The Product Owner will be responsible for communicating market and customer needs to the development and supporting teams to bring them to life within VectorVMS. The Product Owner participates in standard activities including stand-ups, backlog grooming, and sprint planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in agile gatherings (stand-ups, grooming, sprint reviews, and retrospectives)
- Convey the market and technical integration needs to other team members in the form of actionable user stories for implementation.
- Produce and maintain a prioritized project backlog for all assigned projects based on business value
- Ensure the needs of the business and external customers are represented and understood by the project team
- Align and lead the project team on progress against both technical and business milestones with high quality
- Drive alignment and collaboration with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in project execution and delivery
- Identify key project risks early, building and executing mitigation plans effectively and make decisions to meet project milestones and deadlines
- Evaluate and recommend alternatives and related risk to arrive at best recommendation for a solution.
- Work with stakeholders to determine doneness criteria and evaluate whether releases and sprints meet criteria
- Work with project teams to refine agile processes--increasing velocity, delivering inventory, and eliminating waste
- Become a business expert on the strengths and weaknesses of the product and how to align projects against the technical roadmap to deliver new market-leading features
- Work closely with the team on functionality requirements to create both online and delivered product documentation on new featuresets
Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years of experience in an Agile environment, including the role of Product Owner
- 2-3 years of experience following Agile and Scrum methodologies
- 2 years of experience working with project teams to translate complex business requirements into an engineering backlog
- A strong passion for great user experience
- Advanced knowledge of full product development lifecycle
- Analytical ability to make fact-based decisions and to document the evidence that led to those decisions
- Experience reporting agile project progress to senior and executive level management
- Experience making technical presentations at conferences and sales meetings
- Strong time management skills and project management skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, time-compressed and dynamic environment
- Skilled at writing acceptance criteria
- Experience managing multiple, time-critical projects
- Experience with business intelligence tools is nice to have but not required
- Experience with SQL is nice to have but not required
- Ability to function and lead in a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 10%-15%
Why Work for VectorVMS?
At VectorVMS, we’re passionate about people. We bring a human element to our tech, both for our customers and for our team. We work every day to foster inclusion and growth across the organization, and value diverse perspectives. It’s a unique environment that combines a small, start-up feel with the experience and longevity of a well established tech company. As an employee, you will join a team that is supportive and collaborative while advancing technology in a growing industry. You will have the autonomy to try new things with the support to help you achieve your vision.
As part of the Learning Technologies Group, we take learning seriously. With experts on our own team as well as across the group, you have limitless opportunities for continued learning and growth.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.