Due to multiple recent acquisitions increasing the size and complexity of the group’s financial reporting, LTG requires a technically strong and qualified group reporting leader on a fixed term basis to lead the team and implement improvements to current processes.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will:
- Pro-actively lead the Group Reporting team, recruiting where necessary
- Manage the delivery of timely and accurate Group consolidated financial statements to the PLC board on a monthly basis
- Prepare the monthly board pack for CFO and GFC review and delivery to the Board
- Coordinate and deliver the Annual and Interim Reports, being a key point of contact with the Group’s auditors and Audit Committee
- Review and understand the current manual consolidation processes and implement improvements
- Work with the Group Finance team to define the business requirements and business case for a consolidation system
- Ensure consistency in financial reporting across the group
- Work with the operational finance teams to improve the timeliness of financial reporting
- Oversee the Group’s accounting policies and technical accounting papers
- Oversee and advise on accounting of new acquisitions to ensure compliance with IFRS
- Research and apply new accounting standards across the Group with accompanying technical papers for the auditors and Audit Committee
- Manage the administration of the Group’s share option schemes, filings and accounting
- Further develop and implement internal controls processes and documentation
- Manage the compliance with statutory filing requirements and external covenant reporting requirements
- Ad hoc projects as required
The successful candidate will have:
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA) with 10+ years’ experience in a lead Group Reporting role in a UK publicly listed company
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS/GAAP
- Strong team management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The willingness and ability to delve into detail as well as to delegate where appropriate
- Experience of using and/or implementing consolidation systems
- Exceptional MS Excel skills; competent and efficient at dealing with data from different sources
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills and business acumen
You will be working for a global leader in the learning and talent management technologies sector. LTG is listed on the London Stock Exchange Alternative Investment Market (‘AIM’) and has grown rapidly through M&A and organic growth; the Group has a market capitalisation of ~£1.2 billion. LTG has offices in the UK, Europe, North America, LATAM, and the Asia Pacific and offers an exciting and dynamic environment for you to gain a breadth and depth of experience in a publicly listed company.
Please visit www.ltgplc.com for more details.
The role will be primarily based in London or Brighton but may require some travel to other offices in the UK and abroad as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.