A Little About Us
We are a team of ambitious, authentic and innovative experts, with a passion for online education and learning technology. Open LMS is a Moodle-based Learning Management System that helps educators improve the learning experience and outcomes of millions of learners on a global scale. As part of Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG), we are at the forefront of innovation and best practices in the learning technology and talent management sector.
By joining Open LMS, you will become part of a dynamic global team working in a collaborative and fun environment. We offer flexible working hours, encourage open communication and put people at the center of everything we do. We’ve always believed in hiring incredible individuals and treating them right. We take work-life balance very seriously and are committed to providing the best employee experiences. Just like our tag line, Love the Way you learn, we provide the support so you can unleash your potential!
We’re looking for an individual with the smarts, experience and ambition to support our team in Australia. As the Senior Technical Support Engineer you will combine software and systems engineering to help build and run large-scale, distributed and fault-tolerant systems. You will become a core contributing member to the DevOps team delivering and supporting eLearning services to over a thousand clients, comprising almost 4 million users worldwide.
This is a remote role.
What You’ll Be Doing
Your responsibilities will include;
- Providing advanced technical support to clients via email, phone, or other methods by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding users through appropriate steps to provide the best possible customer experience.
- Providing support to issues escalated from the Client Engagement Support team and interface with development teams to hand-off application issues.
- Configure solutions in AWS: EC2, RDS, EFS, S3, VPC, ElastiCache, CloudFormation, Route 53, SQS, SNS, Lambda, and CloudWatch which are key among other AWS offerings
- Performance tuning and configuration of both Linux system and application parameters supporting highly concurrent web stacks.
- Install and troubleshoot learning management systems including Moodle and Totara along with related plugins, modules, and 3rd party configurations.
- Performing site migrations from both internal and external sources
- Manage infrastructure through code using state based software such as TerraForm, CloudFormation, Puppet, and Chef.
- Documenting procedures and knowledge base articles throughout problem resolution and architecture development processes.
- Monitoring the availability, performance and health of production systems in support of meeting service level objectives using monitoring systems such as Icinga, Prometheus, Grafana, CloudWatch, OpsGenie, and PagerDuty.
- Participating in emergency incident response on-call rosters. Practicing blameless postmortems that lead to improvements in resiliency and reductions in pager fatigue.
These are the skills you’ll need to succeed;
- Analytical problem-solving methodology
- A BS in Computer Science or a related field such as engineering or mathematics and 3+ years of work experience in Information Technology
- Practical experience analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale, multi-region deployments in a public cloud (preferably AWS)
- Practical experience with IaaC, CI/CD, structured configuration such as JSON or YAML, and version control solutions (e.g. git)
- Interest in cloud deployment and management tools (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation)
- Experience with LAMP stack: Linux, Apache, MariaDB/PostgreSQL/Aurora, and PHP
- Experience in database administration along with a fundamental understanding of structured query language
- Knowledge of standard network/application protocols like SMTP, DNS, VPN, and network configurations
Nice to Have
- Minimum of three years in Linux system administration with experience automating system processes with a variety of scripting languages or equivalent skills
- A drive to optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Strong resilience and communication skills
Some Benefits of Joining Our Team
- Global flexible working policy
- Perkbox, exclusive perks and discounts
- A variety of professional development opportunities
- Counselling access (personal and work-related)
- Enhanced parental leave
- Four weeks (20 days) annual leave increasing after three years of service
- Free superannuation coaching and advice through our default super fund
- This role is also able to participate in the annual company bonus scheme
- Minimum Waste policy, encouraging minimal office waste.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace you would thrive in, send us your CV by clicking 'Apply for this job'.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, colour, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.