PRELOADED is seeking a seasoned Unity Developer with an excellent track record in Unity to join us and work on some of our most exciting projects!
As a Developer, you are responsible for translating concepts and art direction into a tangible, playable product. You are responsible for maintaining the technical integrity and robustness of the product while also respecting the vision and intentions of the PRELOADED disciplines and our client.
You will need technical proficiency in all areas of game development, across multiple platforms, technologies and devices.
Your goals as a Developer are to:
- Develop and programme high quality products using modern programming languages and techniques, with a focus on Unity.
- Work as part of a team and communicating problems and solutions to other disciplines.
- Playing a positive role within the Studio
Develop and programme high quality products using modern programming languages and techniques, with a focus on Unity, by:
- Implementing innovative, suitable and scalable technical solutions to brief
- Writing efficient, robust and reusable code
- Ensuring technical implementations are achievable within the brief, budget and time
- Validating the technical feasibility of Game Concepts and Art Direction, and helping to define the technical approach accordingly
- Prototyping early game concepts / mechanics
- Ensuring technical deliverables are robust, well-tested and in line with the expected high quality of a Preloaded product
- Creating and iterating concise and useful Technical Design documentation
- Implementation of all component parts of our games, including - but not limited to - rendering, engine architecture, AI, front-end UI and UX, etc
- Writing test plan documentation and performing QA testing
- To help communicate technical solutions and rationale to clients when necessary
Work as part of a team and communicating problems and solutions to other disciplines, by:
- Iterating and improving the technical production workflow
- Knowledge sharing across departments
- Participating in game concept workshops
- Participating in project meetings (kick-off meeting, SCRUMS etc)
- Maintenance tasks and updates for existing projects
- General IT assistance as required within the studio
- Playing a positive role within the Studio and the Tech team:
- Participating in Tech team meetings
- Using down-time effectively.
- Working within the predefined processes and keeping working documents neat and accessible.
- Accurately record your time using Harvest (time sheet software).
- Actively develop your existing skills and learn new ones that are relevant to your role, keeping an up-to-date knowledge of appropriate techniques, trends and tools.
- Demonstrable experience of professional Unity development in C#:
- Worked on several released iOS and Android apps.
- Experience in programming 2D based applications with knowledge of 2D animation systems and UI work.
- Version control and build environment knowledge, for example Git and Jenkins
“NICE TO HAVE”
- Been a programmer on a couple of shipped titles using Unity on a variety of platforms.
- Conducted performance analysis and optimisation using monitoring/debugging tools.
- Prior experience implementing AR and an understanding of the tech behind it.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
PRELOADED is a BAFTA-winning games studio using emerging technologies to create playful, purposeful experiences for global partners.
We build immersive products to help organisations such as McDonald’s, LEGO and BBC reach mainstream audiences, and partner with technology platforms such as Niantic, Magic Leap, HTC and Google to imagine the future.
We are passionate about bringing together the most talented and diverse teams together to invent new forms of play and transform our world. We are an equal opps employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
PRELOADED is part of Learning Technologies Group (LTG).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.