Bridge is a tool that helps people find their place at work and grow their career by encouraging meaningful relationships with peers and managers. We’re helping our customers create work cultures that people love. By focusing on our values - ownership, collaboration, empathy, pragmatism, and learning - we are changing the way that employees grow and organizations transform culture.
The Advanced Video Team is hiring Software Engineers to expand Bridge’s ability to deliver high-performance video learning at enterprise-scale.
Built on top of a tried-and-tested web stack composed of Java, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis and many AWS services, Bridge Advanced Video offers hands-on experience solving problems with some of the industry’s most in-demand skills.
Working alongside a small, efficient and fully distributed team, the Software Engineer will help to design and implement new features, improve our existing code, expand our set of microservices, and build the next generation of integrations with our sister products.
In This Role, You Will…
- Analyze, design, and create solutions that improve and grow our e-learning platform.
- Design and build the next version of our embedded video-learning management suite.
- Help guide and contribute to the team's processes, expectations, and culture.
- Troubleshoot production issues and address customer concerns.
- Continually hone your own skills and mentor others through peer reviews and feature discussions.
- Interface with every level of product ownership - from customer service, to business owners, to QA and Ops.
A Great Candidate Will Have…
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience building and supporting modern web applications and APIs.
- 5+ years experience using statically-typed compiled languages with at least 2 of those being Java.
- An advanced understanding of SQL and relational databases.
- Expertise in writing unit and integration tests using frameworks such as JUnit and Mockito.
- Familiarity with some of the software and services in our stack: PostgreSQL, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Redis, S3, SNS, and Elastic Transcoder.
- Experience with a microservice architecture. We have a set of microservices running alongside a monolith that we're breaking up.
- Excellent communication skills! We're a completely distributed remote team, and most of our communication happens through Slack and video chats. Although we welcome candidates with a different first-language, advanced comprehension of English is a must.
An Exceptional Candidate Might Have…
- Spring Framework and Spring Boot experience.
- DevOps experience utilizing Amazon Web Services.
- Advanced knowledge of Docker, Docker-Compose, and/or Kubernetes.
- Prior experience in the e-learning sector or familiarity with Rustici and Watershed products.
- Experience with SSO: SAML, OIDC, etc.
- Worked with projects written in Kotlin.
- Previous exposure to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package.
- A flexible and supportive environment.
- Opportunities to grow through learning days and hackweeks.
- Comprehensive healthcare.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Bridge we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.