We’re looking for a talented Operations Automation Engineer who has experience working with multiple operating systems, databases, tomcat, apache, and many more technologies and who loves to find automated ways to solve day-to-day operational tasks
You’ll be joining the Hosting Operations team consisting of other Engineers across the world that all have a broad array of skills and experience. When you boil it all down, our core values are:
● Integrity and transparency in intentions, actions, and words.
● The pursuit of technical elegance and sound architecture.
● Work/Life balance and health for our team members and their families.
Know that there is much work to be done, and we work at a brisk pace here. However, this is balanced by our generous paid vacation and holiday benefits that total 31+ days a year. We additionally offer 5 paid sick days, should you need them.
What you’ll be doing:
● Ownership of production environment for the purpose of ensuring product availability and stability
● Perform implementation activities such as client installs, product releases, product upgrades, new product installs, merger and acquisition activity
● Maintain/upgrade production and pre-production environments as needed
● Help build an automation platform that is designed to move manual operations tasks to an automated process.
● Ensure production and pre-production environments follow industry best practices
● Own and manage multiple and concurrent projects while maintaining day to day activities
● Own and participate in communications via meetings and written communications.
● Own day to day issue management via Ticket request system
● Participate in Enterprise Change Management and Incident Management processes
● Collaborate with your Hosting peers and partnership for broad solutions with other PeopleFluent teams
● Continuously improve our uptime and performance to make sure we are meeting all SLA’s.
● Serve as a member of PeopleFluent’s 24/7 Response Team by participating in on-call rotations and off-hours escalations to keep our systems up and running.
What you need to be successful in this role:
● Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
● Strong Java troubleshooting experience.
● Strong Experience in configuration, tuning, deployment of Application / Web servers such as Apache, Tomcat
● Excellent Scripting & Automation skills, with a desire to implement world-class automation
● Understanding of Database Technologies.
● Good Infrastructure knowledge of Linux, Microsoft Windows
● Good hands-on with Auditing & Monitoring tools.
● You can independently bring definitions to difficult problems in order to help solve them.
● You communicate when you need help, don’t understand requirements, or think there’s a better path forward. Open communication is key to the success of our team.
● You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain your cool.
● You can create and organize great documentation, usually without being prompted. We are huge fans of clear and concise documentation.
Nice to haves:
● Ability to manage multiple priorities and organize time effectively
● Requires little oversight in day to day functions
● An interest in process improvement, knowledge sharing, and documentation
● Communication skills with various groups across technology teams
● Ability to be flexible to help achieve all team project goals
● Flexibility to work different hours as needed for support
● Automation of your daily activities is second nature.
● In addition to vacation benefits, you will be eligible upon your date of hire to participate in our health benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA, and FSA plans as well as short-term and long-term disability and company paid life insurance. Additionally, you will be eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan.
● We provide access to technical and non-technical courses via Udemy.
● Work with the great group of folks that make up the Hosting Operations teams.
About the company:
PeopleFluent provides flexible cloud solutions that put learning at the heart of talent strategy. As a market leader in integrated talent management and learning solutions, PeopleFluent helps companies hire, develop, and advance a skilled and motivated workforce. Deployed separately or as a suite, our Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance, Succession, Compensation, and Learning solutions deliver a superior user experience that guides managers and employees with contextual learning – right in the flow of work.
PeopleFluent Learning is part of Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG).
For more information, visit www.peoplefluent.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.