Are you an IT generalist that enjoys learning new skills? Do you consider yourself a jack of all trades with the ability to fix a printer (don’t worry, we don’t have those here!!) while also debugging some code? Can you discuss technology with the biggest technophile then turn around to describe how to login to a website for the first time for the least tech savvy person you know? If so, we want to hear from you!
This role is responsible for providing advanced (Tier 2/3) support to customers for our Open Source Learning Management System (Open LMS) and helping support integrations with the LMS.
While Open LMS is a 100% remote company, you must be a resident of the United States to be eligible for the position. No sponsorship is available.
What you will do
The day to day duties of this role might involve the following:
- Reproducing, troubleshooting, analyzing, and resolving technical customer issues submitted through the support portal (Zendesk) quickly and professionally.
- Provide support to nominated contacts and partners and act as an interface between customers and other technical teams including consulting and operations.
- Identify, research, and resolve complex technical problems.
- Act as an escalation point for Tier 1 Customer Support Specialists on complex technical issues
- Assist in training new support staff and other Support Engineers.
- Leverage code as a resource when troubleshooting issues.
- Accessing the database to run reports and resolve data level issues in the back end.
- Database Integration configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Provide expertise in advanced integration areas such as SSO, API’s, and enrollment management.
- Continuously assess and contribute to Knowledge Management by identifying and/or creating knowledge base articles.
Who we are looking for
If ANY of the below describe you, we hope you apply so we can meet you!
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Exceptional listening, written and oral communication.
- Fluent written and spoken English, but Multilingual a plus (Spanish, Portuguese)
- Associates or Bachelors degree, preferably in a STEM discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Customer focused with an understanding that both internal and external customers require you to meet their needs in a professional and understanding manner.
- Good knowledge of SQL databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Proficient with multiple computer operating systems - UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Basic understanding of networking (TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls etc)
- Knowledge of technologies such as SOAP and REST is a plus.
- Knowledge of source code management is desirable.
- Good knowledge of Learning Management Systems (in particular Moodletm)
- Experience working in education technology will be highly regarded
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.