- Break-down complex problems into solvable pieces of work for other Engineers.
- Depending on your specialization, projects/initiatives may include: Security, scaling distributed systems, working on our core services related to user management, building out new verticals, guiding new engagement features, scaling traffic/imports/exports, managing APIs.
- Help scale the company in both headcount/workforce, as well as our technology.
- Scale our platform to handle an increasing number of enterprise customers: +50,000 employees
- Work extremely cross-functionally across Engineering and Product Management.
- Train and mentor junior engineers.
- Deliverables: (30 days) Own a feature; possibly being paired with another engineer. (60 days) Own and drive a new initiative. (90 days) Bring that initiative to production.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Software development experience of 1+ years
- Expert proficiency in Ruby (Mandatory).
- SaaS /Internet company background: web-based, hosted on Heroku or AWS.
- Experience in an Agile and Scrum environment.
- Experience with one or more technologies desired, NOT required: Redis, Memcache, Redshift, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Hadoop, Microservices, Aws lambda and kinesys.
- Played a pivotal role in scaling a company. Startup experience strongly desired.
- You learn quickly, you’re adaptable and versatile.
- Experienced as a mentor.
- Track-record of achievements impacting team(s) and company(ies) versus solely building features.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.