PRELOADED is seeking a highly creative and experienced Senior Designer with a great track record for creating compelling immersive and playful experiences for a wide range of audiences with a passion to work with cutting edge creative technologies. You will have ‘generalist’ skills including everything from designing blends between digital and physical space, to shaping content-heavy and story-driven experiences.
This role is a rare opportunity to be at the heart of the business, client-facing and lead the design on groundbreaking projects with cutting edge technologies.
- Work with the Creative Lead and senior team to define the vision, aligned to audience and business requirements.
- Perform the Lead Design role on projects leading the design direction for the team and key project stakeholders.
- Lead feedback sessions with the client, take into consideration desires and manage the impact on player experience to product and scope.
- Champion audience-centric design methods by upholding benchmarks for discoverability, player understanding, cognitive load, and supporting playtesting.
- Be responsible for providing clear project documents to ensure that design objectives and intentions are understood.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE
- 4+ Years of experience minimum and a proven track record.
- Generalist designer, confident in designing at every stage of the project and able to get stuck-in and hands-on. A deep understanding of interactive systems, affordances of immersive technologies, balance and pace. Methodical and have a systematic approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a strong ability to express ideas and reasoning to key stakeholders and the team.
- Passion for working with new, unexplored platforms and technologies, such as immersive tech, and a drive to understand the affordances around them.
- Able to execute the design that meets the clients, audiences and projects needs.
- Technically minded and have the ability to communicate and support other disciplines in the team.
- Experience in prototyping and validating ideas through user testing.
- Confident in ability to identify user stories and tasks to meet milestones, and can estimate work appropriately.
- Self-organized, self-motivated and hands-on.
“NICE TO HAVE”
- You have experience in creating experiences that blend between physical and digital worlds.
- You have experience mentoring junior designers.
- You have worked with immersive technologies such as AR and VR.
- You have a passion for imagining the future of play which solves problems, connects people and transforms our world.
We’re pleased to offer an impressive benefits package including:
- Salary: Highly competitive salary, benchmarked by the industry and reviewed annually inline with performance.
- Bonus scheme: A discretionary bonus scheme based on PRELOADED’s financial performance, allowing everyone to share in our collective success.
- Share save Scheme: A share save scheme which allows you to benefit from the year-on-year increase in share price without market risk.
- Work / Life balance: A highly flexible approach to working. You can choose to be fully remote, flexible or permanently on-site, and we operate flexible working hours so you can do “the school run” or shorter / longer days to suit your needs. And there is a very strict no-crunch policy.
- Personal Development: We passionately embrace a culture of learning within the studio. Combining personal L&D time with a programme of curated courses and peer learning sessions; our aim is to develop your craft alongside wider team skills.
- Kit and tools: Everyone gets access to the best kit, technology and tools needed to do the job. If you need something we don’t have, just ask.
- Holiday: Everyone starts with a 26 day entitlement plus the usual bank holidays, and “no-working” days between Christmas and New Year.
- Healthcare+: Alongside a cash plan which subsidises your healthcare needs we also offer life assurance for all employees.
- Travel Loans: For anyone wanting to travel into the studio we offer loans to pay the upfront cost of travel, helping you be smarter with your money.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
PRELOADED is a BAFTA-winning games studio using emerging technologies to create playful, purposeful experiences for global partners.
We build immersive products to help organisations such as McDonald’s, LEGO and BBC reach mainstream audiences, and partner with technology platforms such as Niantic, Magic Leap, HTC and Google to imagine the future.
We are passionate about bringing together the most talented and diverse teams to invent new forms of play and transform our world. We are an equal opps employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
PRELOADED is part of Learning Technologies Group (LTG).