**If you are interested in applying to this position can you please include a direct link to your Showreel and your salary expectations in the cover letter of your application**
We are looking for multiple experienced creative and versatile Senior 2D character animators to join us between July-October, with the potential to extend for an exciting project.
You will be responsible for storyboarding and building a range of stand-alone character animations and motion design shorts. If you understand how to follow a creative brief, turn it into high quality animation and illustration then this could suit you.
You will be proficient in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop, have a strong understanding of audio and able to deliver high quality visuals using a broad range of character design techniques.
A few more details on what the contract jobs may involve
- Designing and creating engaging animations
- Storyboarding animations to a high level of finish following a written script
- Understanding the Art Direction, and apply these styles to the motion/character designs
- Adding effects/elements/motion graphics to existing video content
- Syncing animation to audio
- Sourcing music
- Working to the metrics set out by the Lead Animator / Moving Image Manager
- Ensuring work is accurate and completed on time
- Keeping the Project Manager and relevant creative lead fully informed on progress
- Communicating any time savings in advance to the team
- Delivering a first-class customer service experience at all times
Skills and knowledge
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong illustration skills
- Adaptable to different styles of animation (e.g. 2.5D, talk and draw, motion graphics, kinetic text, character animation)
- Solid understanding of traditional animation; design techniques; composition, green screen tracking and typography
- Excellent ability to take a script and translate into a visual storyboard
- Good ability in syncing animation to audio and sourcing music when required
- Good understanding of typography and layout
- Good understanding and application of brand guidelines
- Good standard of spelling and grammar
- Have a keen eye for quality and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Basic understanding of MS Office tools (PowerPoint, Word)
Due to security for some of our clients, we may need to supply you a computer therefore we are mainly looking for freelancers based in the UK or US.
We are open to both fixed term contractors or day/hourly rate freelancers. You will need to have availability between July - October.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.