Learning Technologies Group (LTG) is seeking an experienced Learning Consultant to join our central bid team, working on a diverse range of proposals for our Learning Content and Services division.
Working either remotely or in one of our offices in Brighton, Sheffield or London, you’ll join an incredibly well respected team tasked with winning work for a global leader in digital learning.
- Ideally, you’ll have a background in education or learning technologies
- You know what makes people tick and how they learn within a business environment, through both formal and informal interventions
- You have an in-depth understanding of the principles associated with measuring the business impact of learning
- You have an excellent understanding of learning technologies and their role in enhancing learning or contributors to learning, such as engagement and motivation
- You’re interested in, and up to date with, the latest theories, debates and advances in technology-enabled learning design and standards
- You’re comfortable engaging with clients at varying levels of seniority, at varying stages of the sales process
- You understand the skills, tools and processes used in the design and development of learning materials
- You have superb creative and persuasive writing skills, and can articulate exemplary creative solutions for proposals
- You’re comfortable calling upon your expertise and experience to challenge and influence others
- You can tolerate ambiguous and vague client requirements and still work towards producing a viable solution
- You’re analytical and able to probe a clients’ requirements from multiple perspectives
- You can apply storytelling techniques using video, animation, and branching scenarios to your thinking
- You’ll be able to specify an indicative scope that can be accurately costed and communicated to clients
- You’re energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, confident and can take the initiative.
- You’re resilient, tenacious and can work to tight deadlines, sometimes in challenging circumstances
- You’ll be at the forefront of innovation for one of the world’s leading digital learning creators
- You’ll learn from a team of experts and SMEs, with direct access to a team of Learning Consultants and Designers for inspiration and support
- Every day is different - there’s genuine variety in what we do, as we’re guided by the ever-changing needs of our clients and the market
- You’ll see your bids translate into wins, and real projects delivering real value to our clients
- You’ll be part of a team that is valued and relied upon. We’re a company that truly ‘gets’ bids, and has had a central bid team for decades, so your work will be respected and appreciated
Why you’ll love it
What you’ll be doing every day
- Reviewing, making inquiries about and questioning the clients’ RFPs and other sources of information to identify and clarify the clients’ requirements
- Joining colleagues (e.g. new business, account managers) at meetings and on calls throughout the sales process
- Where necessary, researching the content/subject matter so that the proposed solution in the bid has as much depth as possible
- Collaborating with colleagues during solution workshops to shape the proposed solution (e.g. identify clients’ success criteria, our win themes, and to begin outlining the proposed solution)
- Understanding how different technologies, approaches and media can be used to achieve a solution that meets the clients’ budget, timescales and requirements
- Writing persuasive proposals that explain the solution and its benefits clearly, succinctly in alignment with the clients’ requirements
- Holding the creative vision for the overall bid treatment
- Creating the graphics brief and liaising with the Art Director throughout the creation of visual examples of learning screens
- Providing, where possible, a detailed or estimated scope of the solution to the sales and/or account team for costing
- Clearly communicating and ‘pitching’ the solution, its benefits and the value it will add to client stakeholders at every level
- Effectively managing multiple priorities, bids, proposals and relationships
- Keeping up-to-date with the development of LTG’s internal products and services so that these can be leveraged to meet clients’ requirements
- Keeping up-to-date with the development of other external/products and services that are shaping the learning technology sector
- Keeping up-to-date with trends in learning and development and subject matter that regularly feature in bids (e.g. leadership, information security, compliance)
- Keeping up-to-date with LTG’s sales processes, approaches and methodology and working with others to apply these during the bid process
When applying for this role please tell us how you could add value to our LTG team and most importantly, what makes you suitable for this role.
What we offer
At LTG we offer a competitive salary and an impressive benefits package including a healthcare cash plan, life assurance, pension contributions, a ShareSave scheme, flexible working, a discretionary bonus scheme and travel loans along with access to an employee benefits platform for individually tailored benefits and offers.
About the company
Learning Technologies Group is a leader in the high-growth workplace learning and talent industry. The Group offers end-to-end learning and talent management solutions ranging from strategic consultancy, through a range of content and platform solutions to analytical insights that enable corporate and government clients to meet their performance objectives.
LTG is listed on the London Stock Exchange Alternative Investment Market (LTG.L) and headquartered in London. The Group has offices in a variety of locations, including Europe, the United States, Asia-Pacific and South America.
LTG’s businesses – are at the forefront of innovation and best-practice in the learning technology sector, and have received numerous awards for their exceptional performance. Our portfolio of brands represents the best of breed and they are acknowledged throughout the industry as market leaders.
For more information, please visit www.ltgplc.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.