PRELOADED is seeking a passionate Lead Unity Developer with a proven track record of translating both game and immersive experience concepts and art / creative direction into tangible, playable products.
We are looking for someone who can both lead junior developers and equally get stuck into the code themselves, with technical proficiency in all areas of development, across multiple platforms, technologies and devices, with a particular focus on Unity developed games and XR experiences.
You will be right at the heart of our XR projects, working directly with the art and design leads, being hands on creating immersive, playful and truly innovative games and experiences.
We are an equal op employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- With support from the Head of Technology, taking ownership of the technical direction of your projects, implementing innovative, suitable and scalable technical solutions.
- Owning the process of understanding technical requirements during project bid phase, in order to provide indicative costs for new projects and working with production and department leads to create backlogs that fit within client budget.
- Validating the technical feasibility of Game Concepts and Art Direction, and helping to define the technical approach accordingly.
- Working with other PRELOADED Lead Developers to set internal standards for writing efficient, robust and reusable code and making sure these standards are followed by junior developers on the project.
- Communicating effectively with clients, advocating technical approach and ensuring client confidence in PRELOADED. You will be expected to help communicate technical solutions and rationale to clients when necessary.
- Research and prototype with new cutting edge technologies, both physical and digital.
- Deliver projects on time and within budget and being able to communicate clearly key technical risks with the rest of the team and updating producers when unforeseen issues arise.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE
- 8+ Years of developer experience minimum and a proven track record developing games. With 5+ years Unity experience.
- Passion for working with new, unexplored platforms and technologies, such as immersive tech, and a drive to understand the affordances around them.
- Been fully involved in multiple product deliveries from initial project pitch through to post launch support.
- Excellent communication skills with strong ability to express ideas and reasoning to key stakeholders and the team.
- High quality examples of programming both 2D and 3D games and immersive XR experiences on both mobile and desktop platforms.
- Worked on at least one project that had continued support/updates after initial project release.
- Worked closely with non technical team members in other disciplines to build tools that assist team members in project development.
- Great knowledge of design patterns and when and where to best use them
- GIT Version control and build environment knowledge.
“NICE TO HAVE”
- Shader and technical art experience.
- Experience with machine learning and key interest in the area.
- Worked with, or have an interest in working with similar technologies such as WebGL (PlayCanvas, Three.js, Babylon.js etc) and/or Unreal.
- Experience working with photogrammetry and blending the physical and virtual worlds.
- Multiplayer and backend server side experience.
We’re pleased to offer an impressive benefits package including:
- Salary: Highly competitive salary, benchmarked by the industry and reviewed annually inline with performance.
- Bonus scheme: A discretionary bonus scheme based on PRELOADED’s financial performance, allowing everyone to share in our collective success.
- Share save Scheme: A share save scheme which allows you to benefit from the year-on-year increase in share price without market risk.
- Work / Life balance: A highly flexible approach to working. You can choose to be fully remote, flexible or permanently on-site, and we operate flexible working hours so you can do “the school run” or shorter / longer days to suit your needs. And there is a very strict no-crunch policy.
- Personal Development: We passionately embrace a culture of learning within the studio. Combining personal L&D time with a programme of curated courses and peer learning sessions; our aim is to develop your craft alongside wider team skills.
- Kit and tools: Everyone gets access to the best kit, technology and tools needed to do the job. If you need something we don’t have, just ask.
- Holiday: Everyone starts with a 26 day entitlement plus the usual bank holidays, including “no-working” days between Christmas and New Year.
- Healthcare+: Alongside a cash plan which subsidises your healthcare needs we also offer life assurance for all employees.
- Travel Loans: For anyone wanting to travel into the studio we offer loans to pay the upfront cost of travel, helping you be smarter with your money.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
PRELOADED is a BAFTA-winning games studio using emerging technologies to create playful, purposeful experiences for global partners.
We build immersive products to help organisations such as McDonald’s, LEGO and BBC reach mainstream audiences, and partner with technology platforms such as Niantic, Magic Leap, HTC and Google to imagine the future.
We are passionate about bringing together the most talented and diverse teams to invent new forms of play and transform our world. We are an equal opps employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
PRELOADED is part of Learning Technologies Group (LTG).