A Little About Us
We are a team of ambitious, authentic and innovative experts, with a passion for online education and learning technology. Open LMS is a Learning Management System that helps educators improve the learning experience and outcomes of millions of learners on a global scale. As part of Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG), we are at the forefront of innovation and best practices in the learning technology and talent management sector.
By joining the team you will become part of a dynamic global group working in a collaborative and fun environment. We offer flexible working hours, encourage open communication, and put people at the center of everything we do. We’ve always believed in hiring incredible individuals and treating them right. We take work-life balance very seriously and are committed to providing the best employee experiences. Just like our tag line, Love the Way you learn, we provide the support so you can unleash your potential!
We’re looking for an individual with the smarts, experience, and ambition to help develop our team in Sydney. As Senior DevOps Consultant, you will be responsible to create and manage the IT infrastructure that supports software code in dedicated, or cloud environments to customers. You might have to provision resources, select an appropriate deployment model, direct testing protocol to validate each release, and monitor performance after the release
What You’ll Be Doing
Your responsibilities will include;
- Direct communication with customers
- Following up with project managers and other team members.
- Advising clients on appropriate DevOps strategies specific to their business needs
- Creating and managing the roadmap and implementation of DevOps within our client’s organizations
- Propose DevOps technology solutions and take the lead in implementing and evaluating those solutions
- Supervise and deliver architecture design, infrastructure design, build, and deployment activities
- Delivering high-level designs using industry-standard methodologies (UML process flow/sequence diagrams etc) to articulate complex tasks to business and technical teams
- Working effectively with different development teams;
- Help on internal initiatives focus principally to improve architecture and processes
These are the skills you’ll need to succeed;
- Has a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Has excellent problem-solving skills
- Has excellent writing, communication, and analytical skills
- A comprehensive background in Linux administration
- Experience with a range of automation and configuration management tools such as traditional scripts
- A strong IT hardware and operations background with hands-on expertise in servers, storage, and network device installation, provisioning, and monitoring. This is usually supplemented with a knowledge of IT best practices
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies, such as VMware vSphere for VMs, as well as expertise with container technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience using Git-flow
- Experience in Moodle or PHP is preferable
- Experience working with project delivery.
- Self-paced courses certifications related to DevOps.
Some Benefits of Joining Our Team
- Global flexible working policy
- Perkbox, exclusive perks and discounts
- A variety of professional development opportunities
- Counseling access (personal and work-related)
- Enhanced parental leave
- Four weeks (20 days) annual leave increasing after three years of service
- Free superannuation coaching and advice through our default super fund
- This role is also able to participate in the annual company bonus scheme
- Minimum Waste policy, encouraging minimal office waste.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace you would thrive in, send us your CV and cover letter by clicking 'Apply for this job'.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.