A Little About Us
We are a team of ambitious, authentic and innovative experts, with a passion for online education and learning technology. Open LMS is a Moodle-based Learning Management System that helps educators improve the learning experience and outcomes of millions of learners on a global scale. As part of Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG), we are at the forefront of innovation and best practices in the learning technology and talent management sector.
By joining Open LMS, you will become part of a dynamic global team working in a collaborative and fun environment. We offer flexible working hours, encourage open communication and put people at the center of everything we do. We’ve always believed in hiring incredible individuals and treating them right. We take work-life balance very seriously and are committed to providing the best employee experiences. Just like our tag line, Love the Way you learn, we provide the support so you can unleash your potential!
We’re looking for an individual with a high aptitude for problem solving and a passion for learning to join our team in Australia. This is a remote role, but it does require Australian residency. As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing advance support to customers for a range of applications we support, with a particular focus on the Learning Management System (LMS) and products integrated with the LMS.
What You’ll Be Doing
Your responsibilities will include;
- Reproduce, troubleshoot, analyse, and resolve customer issues submitted through the support portal quickly and professionally.
- Provide support to nominated contacts and partners and act as an interface between customers and other technical teams including consulting and operations.
- Continuously assess and contribute to Knowledge Management by identifying and/or creating knowledge base articles.
- Identify, research and resolve complex technical problems.
- Act as an escalation point for Customer Support Specialists, complex technical and on call issues
- Assist in training new support staff and other Support Engineers.
- Leveraging code as a resource when troubleshooting issues.
- Accessing the database to run reports and resolve data level issues in the back end.
- Conducting quality assurance reviews of other team members.
- Developing minor bug fixes, configuration changes, reports and plugin installation.
- Staging of releases.
- Database Integration configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting (Integration Admin).
- With manager approval, work on additional projects which positively impact the team or company.
- Maintain current product knowledge and learn new products, new features, or new plugins as required.
- Provide expertise in advanced integration areas such as SSO, API’s, enrollment management, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Complete all of the above responsibilities easily, consistently, and with exceptional quality
- Take ownership of more complex problems and difficult customers
- Lead by example or provide mentorship to less experienced peers on how to handle customer solutions
- Ability to fill in for peer when they are out of the office, as well as providing leadership when needed if team lead is unavailable
These are the skills you’ll need to succeed;
- Relevant tertiary qualification such as a B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Exceptional listening, written and oral communication.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Customer focused with an understanding that both internal and external customers require you to meet their needs in a professional and understanding manner.
- Good knowledge of SQL databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Proficient with multiple computer operating systems - UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Basic understanding of networking (TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls etc)
- Knowledge of integration technologies such as SOAP, REST, LDAP etc is a plus
- Knowledge of source code management is desirable.
- Good knowledge of Learning Management Systems (in particular Moodle)
- Experience working in education technology will be highly regarded
Some Benefits of Joining Our Team
- Global flexible working policy
- Perkbox, exclusive perks and discounts
- A variety of professional development opportunities
- Counselling access (personal and work-related)
- Enhanced parental leave
- Four weeks (20 days) annual leave increasing after three years of service
- Free superannuation coaching and advice through our default super fund
- This role is also able to participate in the annual company bonus scheme
- Minimum Waste policy, encouraging minimal office waste.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace you would thrive in, send us your CV and cover letter by clicking 'Apply for this job'.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, colour, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.