PRELOADED is seeking a highly creative and experienced Lead Artist with a great track record for creating compelling games and playful experiences for a wide range of audiences. You will be confident leading a multidisciplinary art team defining the products’ artistic direction while contributing to production of the user interface, branding and interaction design.
This role is a rare opportunity to be at the heart of the business, client facing and lead the artistic vision on groundbreaking projects with cutting edge technologies.
- Work with the Creative Lead and senior team to define the vision, aligned to audience and business requirements.
- Perform the Lead Artist role on projects leading the artistic direction for team and key project stakeholders.
- Develop and drive the project's artistic direction including all aspects of the art intention (‘look & feel’, animation, motion direction etc)
- Presentation of art developments and rationale to stakeholders at key developmental milestones.
- Work with the Lead Technical Artist to ensure any art pipelines created or tools required fulfill the creative ambition.
- Clear communication of the artistic vision, between disciplines, helping to solve production challenges.
- Clear direction, motivation and approval of the activities of the other Artists on the project (3D, UI, Animation, Tech Art).
- Hands on creation of production assets and integration within Unity engine.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE
- 6+ Years of experience minimum and a proven track record
- Amazing portfolio, showcasing 2D and UI skills
- Experience leading multi discipline art teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong ability to express ideas and reasoning to key stakeholders and the team.
- Passion for working with new, unexplored platforms and technologies, such as immersive tech, and a drive to understand the affordances around them.
- Experience in prototyping and validating ideas.
- Confident in ability to identify tasks to meet milestones and can estimate work appropriately.
- Experience using Unity.
- Experience with Photoshop, illustrator and XD.
- Self-organized, self-motivated and hands-on.
“NICE TO HAVE”
- You have an understanding of user centric experience design.
- You have the experience creating user experience artifacts (User flows, Wireframing etc)
- You have worked with immersive technologies such as AR and VR.
- You have 2D motion design skills
- You have a passion for imagining the future of play which solves problems, connects people and transforms our world.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
PRELOADED is a BAFTA-winning games studio using emerging technologies to create playful, purposeful experiences for global partners.
We build immersive products to help organisations such as McDonald’s, LEGO and BBC reach mainstream audiences, and partner with technology platforms such as Niantic, Magic Leap, HTC and Google to imagine the future.
We are passionate about bringing together the most talented and diverse teams to invent new forms of play and transform our world. We are an equal opps employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
PRELOADED is part of Learning Technologies Group (LTG).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class