Bridge is a tool that helps people find their place at work and grow their career by encouraging meaningful relationships with peers and managers. We’re helping our customers create work cultures that people love. By focusing on our values - ownership, collaboration, empathy, pragmatism, and learning - we are changing the way that employees grow and organizations transform culture.
The Advanced Video Team is hiring a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to expand Bridge’s ability to deliver high-performance video learning at enterprise-scale.
Built on top of React, AngularJS, and Bootstrap, and ingesting a JSON API, our Frontend application will offer hands-on experience solving problems with some of the industry’s most in-demand skills.
Working alongside a small, efficient and fully distributed team, the Senior Engineer will help to design and implement new features, improve our existing code, migrate away from AngularJS, and build the next generation of interfaces that will integrate with our sister products.
In This Role, You Will…
- Analyze, design, and create solutions that improve our user interface and the user experience.
- Take ownership of our CSS and the direction of our style management.
- Help guide and contribute to the team's processes, expectations, and culture.
- Troubleshoot production issues and address customer concerns.
- Continually hone your own skills and mentor others through peer reviews and feature discussions.
- Interface with every level of product ownership - from customer service, to business owners, to QA and Ops.
A Great Candidate Will Have…
- 2+ years experience using React or AngularJS.
- An advanced knowledge of CSS and browser quirks.
- Strong understanding of the Node / npm ecosystem.
- Experience executing on designs for various viewports including mobile, tablet and desktop.
- The ability to help troubleshoot user interaction problems efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills! We're a completely distributed remote team, and most of our communication happens through Slack and video chats. Although we welcome candidates with a different first-language, advanced comprehension of English is a must.
An Exceptional Candidate Might Have…
- Prior history successfully migrating a legacy framework to React.
- An understanding of video streaming and related technologies.
- Experience with Docker (to run the development environment).
- Prior experience in the e-learning sector or familiarity with Rustici and Watershed products.
- Familiarity with user-centered design and experience practices.
- Previous exposure to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package.
- A flexible and supportive environment.
- Opportunities to grow through learning days and hackweeks.
- Comprehensive healthcare.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EOE, including disability/vets