We are on the look out for a talented Accounting Manager to join us at LTG in Australia in either Melbourne or on a remote basis.
The Manager, Accounting is responsible for the development, implementation or maintenance of the Company’s accounting systems (Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Cash Flow etc and sales tax.) in accordance with US GAAP and Company policies and procedures. This position owns the month-end close process including the consolidation process and compliance with internal controls requirements.
This position is located in Raleigh and reports to the Controller. This position requires extensive and effective collaboration with multiple accounting functions, cross-functional teams and senior management.
Specific Responsibilities May Include:
- Design operational procedures and processes to meet audit standards, internal control objectives and improve efficiencies. Keep current with new regulations and accounting guidance to insure Company’s compliance with accounting principles
- Manage the accounts payable process and team
- Manage compliance with property tax and Sales tax
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and controls to create more efficient accounting processes and recommend modifications to existing corporate policies and procedures.
- Own the month-end close process, ensuring the timely review of the financial statements and completion of the supporting documentation
- Identify and implement process improvements in the month-end close process, including methods to accelerate the time necessary to complete the month-end close
- Develop, coach and train Accounting Staff
- Own the Balance Sheet Review and reconciliations
- Manage Daily Cash Transactions ensuring accuracy of all details
- Complete special projects as assigned to support the finance organization
- Maintain general ledger and chart of accounts
- Assist in year-end audits, including interacting with external auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum five years of progressive experience in accounting and two years of previous leadership/management experience
- CPA is a plus
- Strong knowledge of accounting rules under GAAP
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and the ability to produce information for presentation to senior level executives in a clear and concise manner
- Experience getting high quality work done with the ability to take on more work to provide added value
- Strong customer services skills and responsiveness to questions
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information and protect company confidential information
- Self-driven, self-starter, goal-oriented, and can work independently
- Advanced user of NetSuite, SalesForce.com, and sales compensation systems
- Expertise in accounting in accordance with GAAP.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills – including the ability to turn data quickly into information (pivot tables, graphs, charts etc.) that is in a usable format for decision-making
Here are LTG, we are:
- Focused: Disciplined, Engaged and Accountable
- Friendly: Respectful and Collaborative with Integrity
- Flexible: Take Smart Risks, Resilient and Resourceful
- Fast: Proactive, Decisive and Urgent
- Fun: Teamwork, Celebrates and Recognizes Successes
In addition to vacation benefits, you will be eligible upon your date of hire to participate in our health benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA and FSA plans as well as short-term and long-term disability and company paid life insurance. Additionally, you will be eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan.
About the company:
Learning Technologies Group is a leader in the high-growth workplace learning and talent industry. The Group offers end-to-end learning and talent management solutions ranging from strategic consultancy, through a range of content and platform solutions to analytical insights that enable corporate and government clients to meet their performance objectives.
LTG is listed on the London Stock Exchange Alternative Investment Market (LTG.L) and headquartered in London. The Group has offices in Europe, the United States, Asia-Pacific and South America.
LTG’s businesses are at the forefront of innovation and best-practice in the learning technology sector, and have received numerous awards for their exceptional performance. Our portfolio of brands represents the best of breed and they are acknowledged throughout the industry as market leaders.
For more, visit ltgplc.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.