The Senior Affirmative Action/Diversity Business Consultant will work with internal team members and external clients in the analysis of business processes and supporting data to determine outstanding client business needs and improve the overall performance of each client. Also will focus on developing client relationships; delivering excellence; and maintaining a client focus; while leveraging their analytical and technical knowledge to deliver recommendations customized to client needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses subject matter expertise to consult with clients regarding EEO, affirmative action, and/or diversity strategy.
- Independently initiates, investigates, documents, and analyzes client requirements in project areas such as: new/existing business operating models with innovative approaches to solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and training to colleagues, clients, attorneys, and government representatives on EEO, Affirmative Action or diversity.
- Researches federal, state, and city requirements to advise clients on legal requirements and best practices. Analyzes industry and company statistics.
- Consults with clients on compliance objectives.
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of EEO complaints, discrimination charges, and other problem areas. Prepares government reports.
- If responsible for diversity consulting, develops client diversity initiatives by connecting their business results to their diversity strategy.
- Conducts audits of clients’ policies, practices, and procedures to identify possible violations.
- If responsible for EEO consulting, may create complex EEO statistical reports.
- Analyzes statistics regarding employment and market data, including but not limited to applicant flow, hires, promotions, transfers, terminations, and training.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years working in a Business Partner or Consultant role.
- Expert knowledge of EEO/AA/Diversity guidelines.
- Experience with business process improvement, policy analysis, requirements development and change management activities.
- Flexible in dealing with competing priorities with tight deadlines.
- Aptitude for managing, working, and communicating with diverse stakeholders, teams, and clients face-to-face and via teleconference.
- Organization, time management, and project management skills required.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective and professional communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EOE, including disability/vets