PRELOADED is seeking a highly creative and experienced Art Director with a great track record for creating compelling games and playful experiences for a wide range of audiences. We are looking for a leader who is confident in defining and crafting a product's artistic direction whilst also demonstrating a keen interest for emerging, creative technologies.
This role is a rare opportunity to be at the heart of the business, client facing and lead the artistic vision on groundbreaking projects with cutting edge technologies.
- Champion the product’s aesthetic quality by providing clear direction and feedback for both internal team and external clients.
- Craft inspirational visuals setting the direction for artistic direction of the project.
- Presentation of artistic developments and rationale to stakeholders at key developmental milestones.
- Enhance the quality of the project visual style by collaborating closely with Technical Art and Development to define pipelines and create tools to fulfill the creative ambition.
- Communication of the artistic vision, between disciplines, helping to solve production challenges.
- Clear direction, motivation and approval of the activities of the other Artists on the project across a multidisciplinary team
- Hands on creation of production assets and integration within Unity engine.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE
- 6+ Years of experience minimum and a proven track record backed up by an amazing portfolio showcasing ability within your chosen art discipline.
- Demonstrable leadership skills with both problem solving and diplomatic skills.
- Experience working across a range of artistic styles.
- Previous experience working with external clients.
- Strong technical ability working inside Unity engine.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong ability to express ideas and reasoning to key stakeholders and the team.
- Confident in ability to identify tasks to meet milestones and can estimate work appropriately.
- Self-organized, self-motivated and hands-on.
“NICE TO HAVE”
- You have an understanding of user centric experience design.
- You have a passion for AR, Mixed-Realities and new technologies.
We’re pleased to offer an impressive benefits package including:
- Salary: Highly competitive salary, benchmarked by the industry and reviewed annually inline with performance.
- Bonus scheme: A discretionary bonus scheme based on PRELOADED’s financial performance, allowing everyone to share in our collective success.
- Share save Scheme: A share save scheme which allows you to benefit from the year-on-year increase in share price without market risk.
- Work / Life balance: A highly flexible approach to working. You can choose to be fully remote, flexible or permanently on-site, and we operate flexible working hours so you can do “the school run” or shorter / longer days to suit your needs. And there is a very strict no-crunch policy.
- Personal Development: We passionately embrace a culture of learning within the studio. Combining personal L&D time with a programme of curated courses and peer learning sessions; our aim is to develop your craft alongside wider team skills.
- Kit and tools: Everyone gets access to the best kit, technology and tools needed to do the job. If you need something we don’t have, just ask.
- Holiday: Everyone starts with a 26 day entitlement plus the usual bank holidays, and “no-working” days between Christmas and New Year.
- Healthcare+: Alongside a cash plan which subsidises your healthcare needs we also offer life assurance for all employees.
- Travel Loans: For anyone wanting to travel into the studio we offer loans to pay the upfront cost of travel, helping you be smarter with your money.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
PRELOADED is a BAFTA-winning games studio using emerging technologies to create playful, purposeful experiences for global partners.
We build immersive products to help organisations such as McDonald’s, LEGO and BBC reach mainstream audiences, and partner with technology platforms such as Niantic, Magic Leap, HTC and Google to imagine the future.
We are passionate about bringing together the most talented and diverse teams together to invent new forms of play and transform our world. We are an equal opps employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
PRELOADED is part of Learning Technologies Group (LTG).