Responsible for loading, documenting, and cleaning large and complex data sets, creating analytical data files, and running statistical analyses. Available to help investigators, junior researchers, and other staff with the use of data files within various research projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for loading, validating, documenting, managing, and analyzing data for both internal and collaborative research projects.
- Responsible for assisting with data storage and management issues around both new and ongoing projects within the Division.
- Responsible for working with other research staff within the Division to help specify appropriate analytical data files for the research question under investigation.
- Responsible for creating and carefully documenting all derived analytical data files so that they can be understood and used by other members of the research team.
- Works with statisticians and researchers to implement the appropriate data analyses in SAS for a particular study. Uses additional statistical packages (Stata, etc.), or other high level programming languages as appropriate.
- Development and refinement of unique and standard programs that address analysis requirements of team projects.
- Data visualization methods using various software packages (Tableau, etc...)
- Documents and archives all aspects of analyses and data management.
- Periodically, interact with external clients about analysis findings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Intermediate knowledge of Statistical Analysis Software (SAS Base and SAS Stat)
Skills and Experience:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Experience working in a PC or UNIX environment
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary research team
- Experience with statistical analysis and SAS/STAT procedures
- Experience with relational database systems
- Training in statistics, data science, or social science
- >5 years of experience with SAS programming or other comparable statistical packages (STATA, etc.…) in a business or health care environment
- Proficiency with SAS/BASE (Data step programming) and SAS/SQL or other relational database software (e.g., Oracle)
- Master’s Degree preferred