We are looking for a talented Associate DevOps Engineer to join our team at Open LMS.
Open LMS is a Moodle-based Learning Management System that helps educators improve the learning experience and outcomes of millions of learners across the globe. In partnership with our community of educators, we continually innovate to better enable educators, parents, and learners of all types to teach, learn, connect, and communicate whenever they want and wherever they are. Most importantly, we help every student achieve their full potential through access to lifelong learning.
We also offer a full portfolio of education technologies including exclusive reseller relationships for web conferencing, accessibility improvement and innovative content offerings from both Blackboard and Learning Technologies Group.
For more information about Open LMS, please visit our website, and hit our Youtube channel to get a feel for our culture and meet members of the team.
As a member of the DevOps team, you will combine software and systems engineering to help build and run large-scale, distributed and fault-tolerant systems. This is a driven, creative, and energetic team that works in a flexible and agile fashion to deliver world-class products to the education market. You will become a core contributing member to the DevOps team delivering eLearning services to over a thousand clients, comprising almost 4 million users worldwide.
What you’ll be doing
Specific responsibilities include:
- Engaging with development teams on the design, deployment, capacity needs and operations of microservices, and supporting them as they transition to production.
- Monitoring the availability, performance and health of production systems in support of meeting service level objectives.
- Using automation and tooling to continuously improve the reliability, scalability and velocity of services deployed on AWS.
- Providing support to issues escalated from the Client Engagement Support team and interface with development teams to hand-off application issues.
- Participating in emergency incident response on-call rosters. Practicing blameless postmortems that lead to improvements in resiliency and reductions in pager fatigue.
- Providing technical expertise and support to customers, working with the Client Engagement Support team to provide the best possible customer experience.
Skills and Aptitudes
Successful candidates will have these required qualifications:
- Demonstrated mindset for troubleshooting and problem solving
- A BS in Computer Science or a related field such as engineering or mathematics, or 2+ years of work experience in Information Technology
- Drive to learn analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale, multi-region deployments in a public cloud (e.g. AWS)
- Interest in cloud deployment and management tools (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation)
- Familiarity with one or more programming or scripting languages
- A drive to optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Familiarity with at least one flavor of the Linux Operating System
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Additionally, a top candidate will exhibit one or more of the following preferred qualifications:
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting tools (e.g. Nagios, New Relic, OpsGenie)
- Interest in Kubernetes or other container orchestration engines
- Demonstrable scripting experience, preferably in PHP or Ruby
- Experience with network and/or application security
- Experience with SQL development or database administration
- Prior experience within the education industry and/or with e-learning technologies
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.