PRELOADED is seeking a seasoned QA tester with a great track record and an instinctive understanding of what makes a great game experience. This role is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who has a real passion for testing, quality assurance and is looking to join our team to work on a groundbreaking project with cutting edge technologies.
- Ensure features are tested and work as intended through a continuous QA process.
- Work collaboratively with Game Design, to provide feedback on interactions, gameplay and usability. Including suggestions of improvements and testing out new balance and features.
- Work directly with Engineering to help identify, investigate and reproduce bugs as they arise.
- Proactive problem-solving skills accompanied by excellent communications skills being able to express ideas and reasoning to key stakeholders and the team.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the current project scope, features and design, latest dev team priorities, and ongoing production risks and issues; actively contribute to the dev team's understanding, tracking, and mitigation of these items.
- Work with and manage eternal QA partners when necessary.
- Create and maintain relevant documentation to aid with development and testing.
- Generate and present testing strategies in advance of upcoming work for the assigned area(s), and participate in the enactment of those strategies.
- Support the Development, Production, and Publishing teams with specific requests.
- 4+ Years of experience minimum and a proven track record working within the game development cycle as well as experience.
- Passion for working with new, unexplored platforms and technologies, such as immersive tech, and a drive to understand the affordances around them.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong ability to express ideas and reasoning to key stakeholders and the team.
- Good general knowledge of the software development environment, including debugging, version control, and continuous integration systems.
- Advanced user of Test/Quality Management tools (e.g. creating workflows, developing test cases and building test plans)
- Understanding of JIRA or similar bug tracking and project management software
- Confident in ability to identify tasks to meet milestones and can estimate work appropriately.
- Self-organized, self-motivated and hands-on.
“NICE TO HAVE”
- You have experience prototyping or creating experiences with immersive tech.
- You have experience designing experiences for real world space.
- You have worked on a live game
- You have experience with designing/creating automated test solutions
ABOUT THE COMPANY
PRELOADED is a BAFTA-winning games studio using emerging technologies to create playful, purposeful experiences for global partners.
We build immersive products to help organisations such as McDonald’s, LEGO and BBC reach mainstream audiences, and partner with technology platforms such as Niantic, Magic Leap, HTC and Google to imagine the future.
We are passionate about bringing together the most talented and diverse teams together to invent new forms of play and transform our world. We are an equal opps employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
PRELOADED is part of Learning Technologies Group (LTG).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.