At Open LMS, we are on the hunt for a new Technical Support Engineer to join our growing team.
About Open LMS
At Open LMS, we're passionate about revolutionizing learning experiences through our Open Source Learning Management System. We believe in the power of education and technology to drive change, inspire innovation, and improve lives. As a fully remote company, we've built a dynamic, diverse team that collaborates seamlessly to deliver the best learning solutions to our customers. Our commitment to innovation, quality, and accessibility defines our work. We're dedicated to providing our team members with the opportunity to thrive in an environment that values creativity, flexibility, and personal growth. If you're ready to join a leading force in the eLearning industry and contribute to the future of education, we invite you to explore our job opportunities. Discover how you can become a part of our journey to shape the future of learning.
About the job
Are you an adaptable IT specialist with a penchant for continual learning? Are you skilled in addressing a broad range of technical challenges, from intricate coding to aiding the least tech-savvy users? If you possess these qualities, we encourage you to apply. In this role, you'll provide advanced (Tier 2/3) support for our Open Source Learning Management System (Open LMS) and assist in LMS integrations.
The primary responsibilities of this role encompass a diverse set of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Technical Issue Resolution: Diligently replicate, troubleshoot, analyze, and professionally resolve technical inquiries submitted through our support portal, Zendesk.
- Customer Liaison: Serve as a point of contact for clients and partners, bridging the gap between various technical teams, including devops and operations.
- Problem Solving: Identify, investigate, and effectively address technical challenges, striving for prompt and comprehensive solutions.
- Escalation Support: Act as the escalation point for Tier 1 Customer Support Specialists when confronted with complex technical issues, providing guidance and resolution.
- Training and Mentorship: Play a pivotal role in training new support personnel and other Support Engineers, ensuring they acquire the necessary skills and knowledge.
- Database Management: Access databases for generating reports and resolving backend data-related issues, demonstrating proficiency in database integration configuration and maintenance.
- Integration Proficiency: Offer specialized insights into advanced integration facets such as Single Sign-On (SSO), API management, and enrollment procedures.
- Knowledge Management: Actively contribute to our Knowledge Management system by identifying areas for improvement and creating knowledge base articles, enriching our shared knowledge resources.
If you identify with any of these qualifications, we invite you to apply, as we look forward to the opportunity to connect with you.
- Educational Background: An Associate's or Bachelor's degree, preferably in a STEM discipline, or equivalent hands-on experience.
- Strong Analytical Skills: Adept at analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Interpersonal Proficiency: Exceptional interpersonal abilities, thriving in collaborative team environments.
- Effective Communication: Solid written and verbal communication skills, with a keen emphasis on active listening.
- Language Skills: Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential; multilingual capabilities (Spanish, Portuguese) are advantageous.
- Self-Motivated: Capable of working effectively with minimal supervision.
- Customer-Centric: Focused on meeting the needs of both internal and external customers, consistently delivering professional and empathetic support.
- Database Knowledge: Sound understanding of SQL databases, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Operating System Proficiency: Proficient in various operating systems, including UNIX/Linux and Windows.
- Networking Fundamentals: Basic comprehension of networking principles such as TCP/IP, routing, and firewalls
- EdTech Experience: Prior experience in educational technology is highly regarded and will be considered favorably.
- Source Code Management: Knowledge of source code management practices is desirable.
- Technology Acumen: Familiarity with technologies like SOAP and REST is a valuable asset.
- LMS Expertise: Strong understanding of Learning Management Systems, notably Moodle™.
If you do not meet all the qualifications but believe your skills and experience align well with the role, we encourage you to submit your application.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.