The key purpose of this role is to support LTG and its group companies on a wide range of operational HR services including employee relations, compensation, compliance, HR processes and projects. The role will work across the HR Team, providing excellent service to a global employee-base - providing HR guidance and support to managers on policies, procedures and programs, as well as providing counsel to management and employees concerning work-related problems.
- Communicate, distribute and ensure managers understand all HR programs, policies and procedures ensuring confidentiality and professionalism of approach
- Advise managers on HR policy application and procedural matters. Resolve issues as applicable and consult / escalate complex issues to senior HR personnel such as the HRBPs, HR Director or Heads of
- Assist managers in resolving HR related concerns and employee relations issues. Work through problems with Management, guiding them to develop effective solutions with support from the HRBPs and HR Directors as appropriate. When required, intervene in problems/situations, ensuring they are handled responsibly and resolved fairly and effectively
- Assist in managing and administering the Performance Management program (provide training, assist managers, review performance appraisals for fairness and consistency, gather reporting)
- Adherence to regional variance in legislation and regulation, ensuring that the Company’s business and legal interests are protected
- Identify potential issues with business units/organisations and keep HR senior management updated on these issues
- Case management of activities such as under performance, grievance, conduct and absence matters.
- Assist employees and management in understanding programs and policies
- Serve as the primary contact for employee questions and facilitate resolutions of manager and employee issues
- Coach and deliver training to people managers throughout LTG on effective employment relation practice, and embed understanding on risk and compliance needs
- Understand and comply with employment laws and legal requirements governing the HR field, namely those within the UK, but also including and (not limited to), Aus, US, UK and Colombia with support
Administration & Process
- Work with HR administration to support changes ensuring accurate information is updated within ADP and other HR systems
- Support with the preparation of associated change documentation, including promotions / demotions, salary changes and life changes (maternity, paternity, shared parental leave etc)
- Support with cyclical events such as salary and equity pay reviews
- Assist in developing HR process improvements, effective controls and procedures. Recommend procedural changes that will enhance current processes across the HR team
- Assist Senior HR Management with analytical data with regards to salary, recruitment, headcount and turnover information; as well as assist with all legislated data requirements as required
- Administration of the VISA and immigration process for new and existing cases
- Support management of employee benefits
- Support in any acquisition activities as required
- Review engagement surveys for the business units and support business partnering activities
- Involvement in other projects and ad hoc tasks as required, particularly but not limited to, where interest is highlighted.
Qualifications / Knowledge
- Demonstrable experience within an HR function either in administration /advisory role or within an HR service centre model
- Knowledge and understanding of Human Resources across core functional areas of administration and employee relations - recruitment, learning and reward exposure highly desirable experience and detailed knowledge in multiple functional areas: (i) recruiting, (ii) employee relations, (iii) training and development
- Demonstrable experience administering company policies, programs and procedures including advising managers and employees on policy interpretation and application
- Solid knowledge of HR practices, principles and applicable laws and regulations in the UK with the desire to expand knowledge globally
- Proficient in the use of standard office applications such as Google Workspace or Microsoft
- General understanding of ‘people’ technology / systems / platform and its uses
- Knowledge and use of an HRIS such as ADP, Oracle highly desirable
- CIPD qualification level 3 or relevant highly desirable
Skills / Competencies
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work across multiple stakeholders
- Tenacity and resilience with the capacity to work in a complex organisation
- Team player, willing to engage and work collaboratively with others
- Strong organisational ethos with capacity to work under pressure
- Ability to utilise all available resources and support to resolve issues
- Willingness to learn, adapt and modify approaches dependent on business needs
- Personal responsibility and ownership of decision making and problem solving
About the company
Learning Technologies Group is a leader in the high-growth workplace learning and talent industry. The Group offers end-to-end learning and talent management solutions ranging from strategic consultancy, through a range of content and platform solutions to analytical insights that enable corporate and government clients to meet their performance objectives.
LTG is listed on the London Stock Exchange Alternative Investment Market (LTG.L) and headquartered in London. The Group has offices in Europe, the United States, Asia-Pacific and South America.
LTG’s businesses – LEO Learning, gomo, Eukleia, PRELOADED, Rustici Software, PeopleFluent, Watershed and Affirmity – are at the forefront of innovation and best-practice in the learning technology sector, and have received numerous awards for their exceptional performance. Our portfolio of brands represents the best of breed and they are acknowledged throughout the industry as market leaders.
For more information, visit ltgplc.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.