PeopleFluent is hiring! We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join our PeopleFluent team as a Full Stack Software Engineer (Remote).
In this role, you will be responsible for developing solutions against assigned requirements as your work is integrated into our PeopleFluent Learning product as well as other forthcoming technology solutions. The ideal candidate possesses strong analytical skills and has a history of solving software engineering problems; they are expected to be proactive, organized, passionate, self-motivated, and able to have an immediate impact on our software development efforts.
We expect to provide necessary training and opportunity for career growth, as well as the opportunity to be part of an excellent international Software Engineering team!
What will you be doing?
- Design, develop, test, and document contributions to our PeopleFluent Learning software products through functional enhancements, bug fixes, and performance improvement.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Present, learn, and apply new technologies when necessary.
- Take on additional tasks, as needed.
We expect you to have at least 3 years of professional experience in software engineering, software development, and/or applications development.
We would like (but don't require) you to have
- Completed coursework in Computer Science; completion of a Bachelor's Degree is a plus.
- Strong experience working with Java programming; advanced experience working with Java 8+ is a plus!
- Experience working with test frameworks (e.g. JUnit, Mockito, Jest, Karma, etc.).
- Expertise with Web technologies / standards (e.g. HTML, CSS, JSON, XML, etc.).
- Strong proficiency with Back-End technology such as SQL and relational databases (e.g. MS SQL-Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.).
- Understanding of version control and release management tools such as Git, Github, and/or Bitbucket.
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms like AWS.
- Experience with full Software Development Life-Cycle projects - exposure to Agile and/or Scrum methodology is a plus!
- Excellent analytical skills; a proven history of analyzing requirements and then presenting suitable solutions is strongly preferred!
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative; a track record of industrial and/or academic achievements is a plus.
- Advanced understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts.
- Excellent overall coding skills with the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies.
- A proven history of demonstrating a Team Player attitude, especially with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision while contributing to a team effort.
- Excellent time management skills; a proven ability to utilize your sense of urgency in order to effectively prioritize tasks is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal).
- Right to work in UK
About the company:
PeopleFluent provides flexible cloud solutions that put learning at the heart of talent strategy. As a market leader in integrated talent management and learning solutions, PeopleFluent helps companies hire, develop, and advance a skilled and motivated workforce. Deployed separately or as a suite, our Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance, Succession, Compensation, and Learning solutions deliver a superior user experience that guides managers and employees with contextual learning – right in the flow of work.
PeopleFluent Learning is part of Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG).
For more information, visit www.peoplefluent.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.