PRELOADED is seeking a seasoned Senior Game Designer with a great track record and an instinctive understanding of what makes a great game experience.
You will be well equipped in designing compelling core loops, metagame, story, mechanics, systems, user interface and the all-important ability to fold specialist subject matter into the core gameplay.
We are an equal op employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Work with the creative director, product lead and team to define the game vision, which is fitting with IP, using immersive technology.
- Ownership of the game design and creative vision. Evangelise this direction across the production team and key project stakeholders.
- Lead a design team of game and quest designers - work with the narrative lead and audio director to deliver an engaging story which brings to life the IP.
- Supervise and be responsible for providing clear and structured project documents to ensure that gameplay intentions are understood, and that team members are working on the right elements.
- Be the main point of contact for a design for key stakeholders, collaborate with the Product Lead (when applicable) and Producer, ensure goals and objectives are clearly communicated.
- Adapt the design technical and production constraints, feedback, and playtest results; readjusting your design direction when need be;
- Lead feedback sessions with the client, take into consideration desires and manage the impact to player experience, product and
- Understand and employ audience-centric design methods by upholding benchmarks for discoverability, player understanding, cognitive load, and by supporting playtesting.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE
- 6+ Years of experience minimum and a proven track record working on narrative-heavy games. With an understanding of the challenge and opportunities these games present.
- Generalist game designer, confident in designing at every stage of the project and able to get stuck in and hands on. A deep understanding of interactive systems, game mechanics, balance and pace. Methodical and have a systematic approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong ability to express ideas and reasoning to key stakeholders and the team.
- Passion for working with new, unexplored platforms and technologies, such as immersive tech, and a drive to understand the affordances around them.
- Able to execute the design that meets the clients, audiences and projects needs.
- Technically minded and have the ability to communicate and support other disciplines in the team.
- Experience in prototyping and validating ideas through user testing.
- Confident in ability to identify tasks to meet milestones and can estimate work appropriately.
- Self-organized, self-motivated and hands-on.
- Experience using Unity.
"NICE TO HAVE"
- You have experience prototyping or creating experiences with immersive tech.
- You have experience designing experiences for real world space.
- You have worked on a live game
We offer a competitive salary and an impressive benefits package including a healthcare cash plan, life assurance, pension contributions, a ShareSave scheme, flexible working, a discretionary bonus scheme and travel loans.
Owing to Covid-19 restrictions, our lovely studio is currently closed, but we are a friendly bunch - we have active virtual social events, coaching and mentoring, and a dedicated time for L&D and R&D.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
PRELOADED is a BAFTA-winning games studio using emerging technologies to create playful, purposeful experiences for global partners.
We build immersive products to help organisations such as McDonald’s, LEGO and BBC reach mainstream audiences, and partner with technology platforms such as Niantic, Magic Leap, HTC and Google to imagine the future.
We are passionate about bringing together the most talented and diverse teams together to invent new forms of play and transform our world. We are an equal opps employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
PRELOADED is part of Learning Technologies Group (LTG).