The Project Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of project delivery to a client, ensuring that all training and consultancy is delivered professionally, on time and to the standard expected by our partner organisations. A PDT Global Project Manager must be competent in managing the six core aspects of a project, i.e. scope, schedule, finance, risk, quality and resources.
Most of the training and consultancy that PDT Global undertakes is done so either via live virtual delivery, or using digital content. In some limited cases we offer face to face sessions, or a blend of all three.
Project Managers work on specific projects that have definite outcomes, have time limits and have to stay within a budget. A Project Manager at PDT Global will typically manage a portfolio of clients each with multiple, concurrent projects happening at any one time. Our client base spans every conceivable sector and across virtually every time zone, PDT really is a global organisation!
Typical tasks will include.
- Leading project oversight in conjunction with the Account Manager.
- Ensuring that there is a change control process in place for all your projects.
- Control of the budget. Ensuring that we achieve our margin target on each contract.
- Managing the plan so that all stakeholders know what needs to be done, by whom and by when.
- Capturing any risks and escalating them when needed for quick and decisive mitigation.
- Working with the client to agree delivery dates and times.
- Booking Producers and Trainers and making sure they’re in the right place at the right time.
- Scheduling training sessions and ensuring that all stakeholders have the information required.
- Organising and attending internal and external meetings as required.
- Analysing feedback from the client and passing on to all relevant stakeholders.
- Planning and leading project wash-up sessions, capturing any lessons learned and feeding back.
- Working with external companies to commission work such as content translation
Who will you be working with?
- Our clients. They will see you as a trusted advisor. Typically, you’ll be working with senior people in our client’s team, all of whom are excited about providing their colleagues with an outstanding D&I training experience.
- The sales team. Our Account Managers are the first port of call for many of our clients, but once the deal is done they’ll hand over to you to deliver. You’ll work closely with the Account Manager throughout the project to ensure our client’s expectations are met.
- Our training team. Either internal or external we use a variety of people to deliver our training. They are based right across the world and have a multitude of different relationships, experiences and knowledge that will help you do your job.
- Our digital and product teams. This is the team that produces our fantastic content. You will work with them to build a bespoke product for clients and also to feedback on our client’s experience of their work.
- Our production team. Every virtual training session has a Producer. They are there to make sure the session goes off without a hitch. You will work hand in glove with the production team to make sure they have everything they need to deliver an outstanding client experience.
- The project management team. Your team! A closer and more supportive team is hard to find and you will fit right in. There will be times when you will cover each other’s annual leave, step in to support if some needs it, or just be the person someone needs to talk to.
- The finance team. You’ll work closely with the finance team to ensure we are sticking to budgets, that invoices are sent on time and that we are paying for any services we’ve commissioned within the agreed terms.
- The leadership team. We’re led by a small, but highly motivated team of senior leaders. From time to time you will be asked to support them with things that might fall outside of your normal day job. Everything from marketing webinars to arranging travel, nothing is off the table.
What we’re looking for.
- You’re motivated by delivering outstanding client service and excited by Diversity & Inclusion. You want to learn more about the subject so that you can be the client’s first port of call and be seen as a true subject matter expert.
- Organised and task focussed. You can prioritise and deal with the unexpected without letting other deliverables slip and you’re not afraid to roll your sleeves up and do what needs to be done when a deadline has to be met.
- Your IT knowledge is outstanding. You have got an understanding of the Google Workplace and Microsoft Office suite of apps, a strong knowledge of virtual communication platforms such as Zoom, WebEx and MS Teams and you will have also used products such as Docusign and Survey Monkey.
- You have experience of organising virtual events as well as experience of working in a client facing, professional services environment.
- Your project management skills are on point. You’ve got a recognised project management qualification, preferably either Prince 2 or APM PMQ, a strong understanding of risk management and you’re skilled at budget management, able to ensure that margin targets are understood and met.
- An influencer, someone who can work across the organisation at all levels to get stuff done.
- Flexible with your time depending on your client’s needs. That doesn’t mean you’ll work every hour of the day, but 9-5 won’t always be the norm. You’ll also be able to travel to London once a month for a team meeting in our Head Office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.