We’re looking for a person who has a track record of delivering information security procedures, processes, and systems with a focus on security, performance and reliability.
You’ll be joining the Hosting group that provides the systems and infrastructure for our Hosted offerings. When you boil it all down, our core values are:
- Integrity and transparency in intentions, actions, and words.
- Pursuit of technical elegance and sound architecture.
- Work/Life balance and health for our team members and their families.
Know that there is much work to be done, and we work at a brisk pace here. However, this is balanced by our generous paid vacation and holiday benefits that total 31+ days a year. We additionally offer 5 paid sick days, should you need them.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct business and security risk assessments, vulnerability testing, and penetration testing.
- Participate in compliance and security audits and advocate for strong security discipline.
- Own and continually improve the systems and procedures of our internal SIEM system, vulnerability scanning, and penetration testing, and other such systems and tools.
- Implement new security functionality and products within our data centers and cloud hosting environments.
- Implement, optimize and propose new rules and detection patterns for our ingress and egress points.
- Integrate best practice methodologies at all levels within the hosting organization.
- Assist with regulatory compliance, supporting efforts to maintain data privacy management processes in support of regulations such as GDPR and CCPA.
- Update and maintain procedure documentation to ensure the company’s security practice is evolving and compliant with changing data protection and privacy legislation.
- Additionally, and on an as-needed basis, assist in the monitoring and investigation of potential incidents.
- Serve as a member of PeopleFluent’s 24/7 Response Team by participating in on-call rotations and off hours security escalations.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- You communicate when you need help, don’t understand requirements, think there’s a better path forward, etc. Open communication is key to the success of our team.
- You must be able to work in a fast paced environment and maintain your cool.
- A track record of delivering information security procedures, processes and systems with a focus on security, performance and reliability.
- A deep understanding of security best practices, current vulnerabilities and attack vectors, cryptography, authentication, authorization and security protocols.
- The ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enact security practices, systems, and measures.
- Working knowledge of industry security frameworks and standards such as ISO27001, SOC, or other security standards and regulatory frameworks.
- You understand data privacy regulations and compliance requirements for GDPR, APP, CCPA and other regional compliance regulations.
- You can create and organize great documentation, usually without being prompted. We are huge fans of clear and concise documentation.
- You have experience taking a proactive approach to security, such as the implementation of preventative measures against zero day attacks.
- You have experience with firewalls, security groups, etc.
- You have both public cloud and on premises experience.
- Automation of your daily activities is second nature.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, 11 paid holidays, and 5 paid sick days.
- Eligibility for health benefits upon date of hire. These include medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA plans, short and long term disability, and company paid life insurance. Additionally, you’ll be eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan.
- LTG US Employee Stock Purchase Plan which gives eligible employees the opportunity to purchase LTG Shares at a discounted option price on the London Stock Exchange.
- We provide access to technical and non-technical courses via Udemy.
- Work with the great group of folks that make up the Hosting Services teams.
About the company:
PeopleFluent provides flexible cloud solutions that put learning at the heart of talent strategy. As a market leader in integrated talent management and learning solutions, PeopleFluent helps companies hire, develop, and advance a skilled and motivated workforce. Deployed separately or as a suite, our Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance, Succession, Compensation, and Learning solutions deliver a superior user experience that guides managers and employees with contextual learning – right in the flow of work.
PeopleFluent Learning is part of Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG).
For more information, visit www.peoplefluent.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.