The Support Consultant develops an expertise with PeopleFluent’s suite of HR software products and applies that expertise in resolving customer inbound issues, providing a level of quality support that results in a high degree of customer satisfaction. Responsible for analyzing logs, troubleshooting information, assisting in solving product defects and working to define and/or resolve customer problems through telephone discussions and written correspondence. Acts as a frequent inter-organizational contact as an expert and champion of support’s services. Serve as an outside customer contact on technical and product related problems, diagnosing software and systems failures, and using established procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide functional guidance to customers on product usage across multiple modules
- Manage moderately complex customer relationships, and resolves moderate customer problems within designated product lines
- Manage communications on support tickets through to closure
- Ability to effectively define, research and resolve customer issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Have the appropriate expertise and understanding to work with minimal guidance to research and resolve customer issues.
- Provides timely updates to the customer on the status of outstanding issues, this includes updating all support tools in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Thoroughly and articulately document progress, findings, solutions, communications, etc in Ticket tracking System
- Engage other departments as necessary for resolving customer issues
- Documents and communicates customer suggestions for enhancements and provides input to Product Management regarding needed feature improvements
- Assist senior team members with complex issues to gain experience and exposure to more advanced product issues.
- Regularly serve as a technical/application resource for others within the organization who need your understanding and expertise on various product issues.
- Developing subject matter expertise (SME) in assigned module and gaining knowledge of other modules. Can produce and review documentation for assigned module to assist with training materials.
- Regularly contribute to and sometimes conduct product issue reviews within the organization.
- Provide regular status and progress updates to management on high visibility customer situations
- Become familiar with industry developments via trade journals, conferences, or educational opportunities.
- Maintain an awareness of business unit and company objectives.
- Ability to test complex customer conditions for which there is known solution and provide effective methods to assist the customer in resolving or providing a functional work-around to resolve the business issue at hand.
- Understands how to use debugging tools in the product for analyzing issues
- May participate in post-upgrade customer site reviews
- Mentors Associate Support Consultants
Skills and Experience:
- Able to manage difficult customer situations and position difficult messages
- Consulting and/or product management experience or equivalent work experience
- Able to manage Urgent Escalated issues requiring resources from multiple groups at PCA
- Able to manage and drive multiple complex issues for the same customer while keeping them informed of progress
- Functional Subject Matter Expert in at least one Talent Management product module
- Some knowledge of HR space and business practices
- Effectively manages customer facing meetings
- Understands principles and concepts of Software
- Understands SaaS
- Strong customer service skills, can manage moderate to complex customer issues and the relationship with the customer
- Effective oral and written communication
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Either working knowledge and understanding of a technology or platform AND basic knowledge and understanding of assigned application
- OR working knowledge and understanding of assigned application AND basic knowledge and understanding of a technology or platform.
- Ability to provide onsite customer assistance.
- Ability to perform cross-functional tasks within support organization.
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Good time management skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EOE, including disability/vets