About the team and overall responsibility
This team is responsible for growing our small-medium client base in a fast-paced sales environment and educating prospects on the tenets of online learning. Our interdisciplinary Growth Team consists of engineers, marketers, business development representatives, and growth practitioners from all areas of the business. Its aim is to improve metrics along the user journey from a product-led / minimum friction perspective – in a data-driven and experimental approach.
Some of the things you may expect to be working as a Growth Engineer
- 🤝 The Growth team works with the entire company. You will have experience working with marketing, product, sales, customer success, etc.
- 🧪 We are continually experimenting. We hope that you will help us by proposing and executing experiments for the growth of the product. This is an invaluable experience in a practice that has increasing traction in the industry.
- 📊 We are growing in our use of data and we want you to be part of our evolution. As the first Growth Engineer, you will be able to write with us the story of how experimentation and product analytics are done in Open LMS.
- 📗 We are obsessed with learning. And we hope you come to learn together. Open LMS is a safe space to test, improve, propose. You will learn from experience.
- 🌎 Open LMS is a global team. You will be able to work with people from all over the world and practice your English continuously.
What you'll be doing
Gain insight and understanding of the customers and markets we serve
Meet with key players in customer success, product, and marketing teams to understand who we serve and how are we serving them. This will be critical to see how we can approach experimentation for this market.
Develop experimentation and data infrastructure
You would be the owner and expert of the growth stack from the architecture and technical perspectives. We want you to help us build a data and experimentation layer for our products and web assets that everybody can use easily and effectively. Our main goal is to democratize access to experimentation across teams.
From the definition of data objects, events, attributes, processes, user guides, etc we want to document our growth stack so we can make it easy for people to understand it, use it, and continue its evolution.
Support growth initiatives and experiments
As an expert on the platform, you'll partner with colleagues from marketing, product, sales, customer success, etc., and help them on the entire lifecycle of their experiments: hypothesis building, identifying ways to measure results, setting up target audiences and samples, experiment execution, analyzing results, etc. From the development perspective, you are also in charge of implementing features in the product or the marketing website that support experimental solutions.
How the first 6 months may look like
In one month you’ll
- Learn the Open LMS story, how we work, and our goals for the future
- Experience product training, including learning how to use the product from different roles.
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and meet with other key players.
- Learn about our Growth Stack, user journey, and experimentation processes.
- Connect with colleagues in the product development, marketing, customer success, and consulting services teams to set up collaboration bridges.
By month 3 you'll
- Continue to master your knowledge of Open LMS products.
- Shadow colleagues and learn best practices for coding in Open LMS.
- Understand our internal Growth Stack and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to improve our tracking capabilities across our website, trial sites, and the Open LMS product.
- Become part of the hypotheses building, testing, and analysis components of our experimentation pipeline.
- Be familiar with our product development practices and will be able to contribute your product improvements directly to our main product release process.
By month 6 and moving forward you'll
- Be the subject matter expert in Growth technology; understand our existing stack landscape and how to optimize it.
- Support the execution of growth experiments from the Open LMS product perspective.
- Analyze data, automatize, find patterns, and come up with suggestions and results.
- Partner and embed with customer success, marketing, and product teams across Open LMS to drive implementation and adoption of the Growth Stack.
- Be responsible for creating comprehensive documentation to enable self-serve use of the Growth Stack.
- Help us unlock innovation at scale for teams and tech throughout Open LMS.
- Help us continuously improve our Growth Stack and Experimentation process to support optimization and innovation across Open LMS’ customer journey.
- Help us to improve key components of our product to drive further user engagement.
- Support the execution of growth experiments with colleagues from the product, marketing, sales, and customer success teams.
About you and what types of skills you’ll need
If what you just read excites you, we’d love to talk to you. We are looking for people who can challenge, inspire and motivate us to make amazing things happen for our customers with an experimental mindset. We have a strong preference for:
- Familiarity with partnering with Marketing, Product, and interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively within a team environment
- Tech-savvy and eager to learn new techniques and practices
- Ideally, you have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, any technical major, or related work experience.
- You’re madly data-driven and analytical. Our growth team strives to find user patterns and to improve user experiences based on them.
- You’re passionate about growth, metrics, outstanding user experience, and you bring in an experimental mindset.
- You don’t need someone to tell you what to do 🙂 (you’re able to prioritize your work independently).
- You are comfortably fluent in English and Spanish, including writing documentation.
- Experience with Moodle LMS, Mixpanel product analytics, Sanity CMS, or similar solutions is preferred.
- You’re passionate about UI/UX best practices.
- You are ok when initiatives don’t work or we need to switch to another project. We don’t fall in love with ideas or code, we are obsessed with improving customer engagement.
About the team
The Growth group here at Open LMS has a team-first mentality. They take pride in winning and growing as a team. Incredibly collaborative, innately motivated, and invested in continuous learning.
Open LMS is a Moodle-based Learning Management System that helps educators improve the learning experience and outcomes of millions of learners across the globe. In partnership with our community of educators, we continually innovate to better enable educators, parents, and learners of all types to teach, learn, connect, and communicate whenever they want and wherever they are. Most importantly, we help every student achieve their full potential through access to lifelong learning.
For more information about Open LMS, please visit our website, and to get a feel for our culture and meet members of the team, hit our YouTube channel.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.