We are looking for a talented Unity Programmer to join our team at PRELOADED.
As a Programmer, you are responsible for translating concepts and art direction into a tangible, playable product. You are responsible for maintaining the technical integrity and robustness of the product while also respecting the vision and intentions of the PRELOADED disciplines and our client.
You will need technical proficiency in all areas of game development, across multiple platforms, technologies and devices.
Your goals as a Programmer are to:
- Develop and programme high quality products using modern programming languages and techniques, with a focus on Unity.
- Work as part of a team and communicating problems and solutions to other disciplines.
- Playing a positive role within the Studio
Develop and programme high quality products using modern programming languages and techniques, with a focus on Unity, by:
- Implementing innovative, suitable and scalable technical solutions to brief
- Writing efficient, robust and reusable code
- Ensuring technical implementations are achievable within the brief, budget and time
- Validating the technical feasibility of Game Concepts and Art Direction, and helping to define the technical approach accordingly
- Prototyping early game concepts / mechanics
- Ensuring technical deliverables are robust, well-tested and in line with the expected high quality of a Preloaded product
- Creating and iterating concise and useful Technical Design documentation
- Implementation of all component parts of our games, including - but not limited to - rendering, engine architecture, AI, front-end UI and UX, etc
- Writing test plan documentation and performing QA testing
- To help communicate technical solutions and rationale to clients when necessary
Work as part of a team and communicating problems and solutions to other disciplines, by:
- Iterating and improving the technical production workflow
- Knowledge sharing across departments
- Participating in game concept workshops
- Participating in project meetings (kick-off meeting, SCRUMS etc)
- Maintenance tasks and updates for existing projects
- General IT assistance as required within the studio
Playing a positive role within the Studio and the Tech team:
- Participating in Tech team meetings
- Using down-time effectively.
- Working within the predefined processes and keeping working documents neat and accessible.
- Accurately record your time using Harvest (time sheet software).
- Actively develop your existing skills and learn new ones that are relevant to your role, keeping an up-to-date knowledge of appropriate techniques, trends and tools.
- Abide by the LTG company handbook
Demonstrable experience of professional Unity development in C#:
- Worked on several released iOS and Android apps.
- Experience in programming 2D based applications with knowledge of 2D animation systems and UI work.
- Version control and build environment knowledge, for example Git and Jenkins
Ideally you will also have:
- Been a programmer on a couple of shipped titles using Unity on a variety of platforms.
- Conducted performance analysis and optimisation using monitoring/debugging tools.
- Prior experience implementing AR and an understanding of the tech behind it.
We offer competitive salaries and an impressive benefits package including a healthcare cash plan, life assurance, pension contributions, a ShareSave scheme, a discretionary bonus scheme and travel loans along with access to Perkbox for individually tailored benefits and offers.
About the company:
PRELOADED is a full-service games studio, using the power of play to reinvent the way organisations connect with their audiences. Collaborating with ambitious partners, such as LEGO, Tate, Google, HTC VIVE, BBC and the Science Museum, we make games and immersive experiences that have purpose, and that place the user at the center of the design process.
We’ve delivered experiences dealing with subjects as diverse as neuroscience, drug addiction, mental health, ancient history, literacy, physical science, genetics, death and philosophy. Our work has been recognised internationally by award bodies, including BAFTA, SXSW (Best in Show), BIMA (Best in Show), Serious Play & Cannes Lions.
Founded in 2000, PRELOADED is part of Learning Technologies Group (LTG).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.