We're on the hunt for a talented Freelance Project Manager in e-learning/digital learning sector to join our growing team at LEO Learning!
LEO’s project managers are at the forefront of our business and the role has two main aspects. They build relationships with Global customers, helping to identify their needs and propose solutions together with leading multi-functional teams. This includes managing scope, budget and schedule as we deliver high quality products and experiences. You will work closely with learning designers, software engineers, account managers and consultants, servicing our customers as a trusted delivery partner on long term, high value programmes of work.
The role is demanding, complex, and multifaceted. It calls for the ability to manage your own time efficiently, communicate clearly and effectively, focus on a thousand essential details whilst always keeping your eye on the bigger picture.
In this role you will:
- Ensure that customers and colleagues alike have a first class experience of the LEO learning project management function
- Focus on commercial aspects, meeting or exceeding revenue and profitability targets whilst meeting programme objectives, maintaining schedules and levels of quality
- Ensuring that QA/QC process are followed and activities are carried out in line with our ISO 9001-accredited quality management system (project checklists)
- In conjunction with the project leads, manage the collaboration of the project team to develop high quality solutions that are fit for purpose and achievable within the budget and schedule
- Take responsibility for the creation of essential project documentation, such as the Project Initiation Document, the Risks & Opportunities Register, and the Project Schedule
- Help identify and then facilitate creation of any other essential project documentation, such as the Design Solution, Technical Specification, Scoping Document, Scripts and Retrospectives
- Provide regular written reports to the customer on progress, risks, milestones and invoicing status, and maintain regular contact by telephone
- Maintain all systems related to project governance and financial control in a timely and accurate manner
- Collaborate with Skills Managers to identify the ideal project team leads and other project team members
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed accurately and on time
- Work with other client services members to contribute to account development plans
- Where applicable, identify upselling and cross-selling opportunities within your accounts and across LTG
Knowledge & experience
- Must have experience in a client-facing creative digital agency environment, and ideally with experience in e-learning
- Project management methodologies - understanding when Waterfall, Agile or another methodology is the best approach; being able to confidently and successfully apply a model, even when other team members are unfamiliar with it; and being able to mix and match, to come up with the best process for the client.
- Financial concepts - knowing the difference between markup and margin, profit and revenue, and everything in between.
- Tools - whilst a PM doesn’t need to know how to use the authoring tools that LEO use, it is important to know what they are, what they can do, their relative strengths and weaknesses, and what their comparative costs are.
- Technologies - as with tools, PMs need to know the details of the different technologies so they can talk with confidence and therefore effectively sell them, whether it’s the difference between HTML vs Flash, iOS vs Android, adaptive vs responsive, or Chrome vs Internet Explorer.
- Quality management - as well as the quality of goods and services, PMs play a vital role in our quality management system and ensuring that we retain our ISO certification by ensuring documentation is completed and stored correctly, following standard operating procedures, participating in audits, espousing the principles of Continuous Improvement and so on.
- G Suite - knowing how we use Google’s suite of productivity tools - Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides and Hangouts - and being confident using them is important.
- Microsoft Office - similarly, you need a good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Jira and Confluence - being able to use Jira and Confluence allows you to contribute to the LEO intranet, follow project documentation and keep track of time and tasks on projects.
- Resource planning - it’s important that you have a good understanding of how to effectively plan your resources using a variety of tools and softwares.
- Managing scope, budget, and schedule
- Leading teams
- Resourcing, planning and scheduling
- Managing documentation
- Managing risks
- Managing quality
- Time management
- Leading meetings
Why do you want to work for LEO?
LEO is a global leader in the creation of digital learning and partners with some of the world’s top brands including Twitter, Caterpillar, Toyota, Marriott, L’Oreal, Mars, Jaguar Land Rover, British Airways, as well as Government departments, charities and the United Nations.
LEO works hard and moves fast. The LEO team laughs and has fun, but when creating, it is “game on”. Excellence, attention to detail, and initiative are highly valued.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.