PeopleFluent is hiring! We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Hosting team.
The ideal candidate will genuinely enjoy solving operational and development problems using the latest and greatest technologies / methodologies. We also need someone who knows how to play well with others (especially the super fun and interesting people we have on our team).
A little bit more about what we expect from a candidate …
- Experience with automation such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience with CI/CD tooling. i.e. Jenkins
- Experience coding in one or more programming languages.
- Experience architecting and developing large scale systems both in Data Centers and in the cloud.
- Experience with Kubernetes implementation and administration.
- Experience with Linux systems and administration.
- Experience debugging and automating routine tasks.
- Experience using a systematic problem-solving approach and being able to effectively communicate with team members.
- Ability to focus on highly portable common approaches that fit ‘the big picture’ and can work for many product lines and production environments
We expect you to have at least 3 years of professional experience in Systems Administration, Applications Development, Software Engineering, and/or Configuration Management. At least 1 year of professional experience (or more!) as a SRE is highly desired!
We would like (but don't require) you to have:
- Completed coursework in Computer Science; a Bachelor's Degree is a plus.
- Advanced expertise with cloud computing platforms like Amazon Web Services; relevant AWS Certification (e.g. Developer, Solutions Architect, and/or SysOps Administrator) is a plus!
- Advanced knowledge across all areas of network infrastructure in AWS (e.g. load balancers, subnets, gateways, NAT, bastion servers, SSL certs, DNS, etc.).
- Advanced expertise with data centers and hybrid cloud approaches.
- Advanced experience with web automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Selenium, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.).
- Advanced experience with CI/CD methodologies and tools (e.g. ArgoCD, etc.).
- Advanced experience working with container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, ECS, etc.).
- Experience with Applications, Systems, and Database Monitoring tools & resources (e.g. Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.).
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies; expertise with Scrum and/or Kanban is a plus.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
What we offer
In addition to vacation benefits, you will be eligible upon your date of hire to participate in our comprehensive benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; we also offer HSA and FSA plans as well as life insurance offerings. Additionally, you will be eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan.
About the Company
PeopleFluent provides flexible cloud solutions that put learning at the heart of talent strategy. As a market leader in integrated talent management and learning solutions, PeopleFluent helps companies hire, develop, and advance a skilled and motivated workforce. Whether they're deployed separately or as a suite, our Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance, Succession, Compensation, and Learning solutions deliver a superior user experience that guides managers and employees with contextual learning – right in the flow of work!
PeopleFluent Learning is part of Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG).
For more information, please visit www.peoplefluent.com and/or www.ltgplc.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.