A Little About Us
We are a team of ambitious, authentic and innovative experts, with a passion for online education and learning technology. Open LMS is a Moodle-based Learning Management System that helps educators improve the learning experience and outcomes of millions of learners on a global scale. As part of Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG), we are at the forefront of innovation and best practices in the learning technology and talent management sector.
By joining Open LMS, you will become part of a dynamic global team working in a collaborative and fun environment. We offer flexible working hours, encourage open communication and put people at the center of everything we do. We’ve always believed in hiring incredible individuals and treating them right. We take work-life balance very seriously and are committed to providing the best employee experiences. Just like our tag line, Love the Way you learn, we provide the support so you can unleash your potential!
We’re looking for an individual with the smarts, experience and ambition to help develop our team in Australia. This is a remote role, but it does require Australian residency. As a Customer Support Manager, you will act as a player and a coach, working support each day but also providing in region leadership and mentorship to your support team on a daily basis.
What You’ll Be Doing
Your responsibilities will include;
- Implement the processes and systems that support a single, global queue while accounting for regional needs.
- Establish goals, standards and set expectations of performance and practices within the Customer Success Support team
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Customer Support and provide leadership to its team members
- Monitor work queues and balance team members workload to ensure support meets productivity and quality standards
- Communicate between regions and assist in coordinating activities across multiple departments
- Review and report metrics and capacity planning to the Senior Director. Analyze metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Make sure product feedback reaches product team
- Organize and schedule team resources to ensure adequate coverage, including late shift, on call, leave approvals, etc
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with direct reports as well as lead recurring team meetings
- Serve as escalation point for customer support issues and a senior resource where necessary for customers
- Lead the selection process for Customer Support staff and coordinate orienting new employees
- Guide and coach direct reports; give feedback and assess development, address employee issues; conduct employee performance appraisals
- Identify ways to modify support practices to align with the vision of the Customer Experience or to be more efficient.
- Represent Customer Support to prospects in critical bids or specific sales
These are the skills you’ll need to succeed;
- Relevant tertiary qualification such as a B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience.
- At least 2+ years experience in a client facing role
- At least 1+ years experience managing a support function or 3+ years support experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Passionate about customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- A general understanding of technical elements of support function
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Exceptional listening, written and oral communication.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Customer focussed with an understanding that both internal and external customers require you to meet their needs in a professional and understanding manner.
- Extensive knowledge of Learning Management Systems (in particular Moodle)
- Multi-lingual a plus (Spanish, Portuguese)
Some Benefits of Joining Our Team
- Global flexible working policy
- Perkbox, exclusive perks and discounts
- A variety of professional development opportunities
- Counselling access (personal and work-related)
- Enhanced parental leave
- Four weeks (20 days) annual leave increasing after three years of service
- Free superannuation coaching and advice through our default super fund
- This role is also able to participate in the annual company bonus scheme
- Minimum Waste policy, encouraging minimal office waste.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace you would thrive in, send us your CV and cover letter by clicking 'Apply for this job'.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, colour, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.