We are looking for a German Speaking Senior Instructional Systems Designer with immediate availability to work on a project creating digital learning content for one of our clients. You must have good availability throughout June and July.
The Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) is responsible for the design of the full learning and development life cycle for allocated client projects. They are responsible for ensuring that the most relevant and effective learning interventions are being delivered for the client through initial consultancy and ongoing relationship management. They provide guidance and support to the Media Developers and Graphic Designers.
About the role
On a day to day basis you’ll:
- Act as lead designer on small projects, owning overall design of the project and delivering high quality assets within specific timeframes.
- Agree internal GP roles and responsibilities in a project with Design Project Manager and Team Manager
- Assist in the scoping and review of Service Requests – providing input on the suitability of solutions, timescales and estimated effort
- Design overall learning interventions and individual learning activities within parameters set by the Service Request
- Produce effective design documents such as content maps, storyboards and scripts to a high quality.
- Ensure material produced adheres to client brand and editorial standards
- Work collaboratively with members of the Design team and other teams to provide consistently high-quality learning program delivery to our clients.
- Build and maintain positive and effective working relationships with all project stakeholders with the aim of securing repeat requests for support
- Chair content, design and review meetings (internal and external) to ensure the right information is captured, circulated and recorded
- Raise any issues that could affect project deliverables to Project Manager and Team Manager
- Promote excellence in learning design and development by proactively researching and sharing new concepts and innovation to further enhance the skill sets of the team
- Act as a positive role model to engender a culture that promotes collaboration, innovation and customer focus
What we need
- Fluent German speaker as the project and documentation will be run entirely in German
- Experience designing learning using Articulate Storyline
- A minimum of 3 years’ demonstrable experience of designing learning experiences with a passion for making great learning content
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories as applied to producing top-quality interactive learning solutions
- Experience in creating a variety of learning assets, including course curriculums, video learning assets, storyboards and scripts.
- Experience of cutting-edge learning solutions, e.g. learning experience platforms (LXPs), system simulations, games, informal learning or mobile learning
- Exceptional attention to detail, even while working at speed
- Knowledge of LMS functionality and eLearning design and best practice
- Expertise in the whole ID lifecycle: requirements analysis, high-level training design and specification, interactive screen design, storyboarding, quality assurance and learning accessibility
- Technically strong; fluent in technical ideas/concepts and ideally with experience of implementation or using authoring tools
- Excellent written and communication skills
When submitting your application please submit a link to your portfolio or some examples of your work.