A Little About Us
We are a team of ambitious, authentic and innovative experts, with a passion for online education and learning technology. Open LMS is a Learning Management System that helps educators improve the learning experience and outcomes of millions of learners on a global scale. As part of Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG), we are at the forefront of innovation and best practices in the learning technology and talent management sector.
By joining the team you will become part of a dynamic global group working in a collaborative and fun environment. We offer flexible working hours, encourage open communication, and put people at the center of everything we do. We’ve always believed in hiring incredible individuals and treating them right. We take work-life balance very seriously and are committed to providing the best employee experiences. Just like our tag line, Love the Way you learn, we provide the support so you can unleash your potential!
As a System Administrator , you will be responsible for the design and implementation of Cloud-based networked computer systems. This includes the planning of, installing, and configuring the hardware and software used in a computer network, as well as providing ongoing maintenance and technical support to users.
What You’ll Be Doing
Your responsibilities will include;
- Deploy and maintain solutions in clients’ on-premises server environment
- Respond to incidents and requests and see them through to resolution
- Perform root cause analysis on recurring incidents to identify and implement permanent resolutions
- Develop and maintain technical process documentation
- Plan and participate in upgrade and patching activities
- Actively monitor systems and proactively respond to all alerts
- Plan and participate in backup and restore processes
- Analyse system performance metrics to identify and implement performance improvements
- Provide advanced technical support for clients’ training teams and LMS administrators
These are the skills you’ll need to succeed;
- Experience deploying and managing Linux in a VMWare Enterprise environment
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting large PHP applications (preferably Moodle), ideally on a multi-node LEPP stack (Linux, Nginx, PostgreSQL, PHP)
- Basic database administration skills in PostgreSQL or MariaDB
- Familiarity with one or more programming or scripting languages, ideally bash, PHP, or Golang
- Practical understanding of foundational internet application protocols such as SMTP, DNS, HTTP, and TLS
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical communication skills
- An interest in keeping up to date with infrastructure technologies and trends within the industry
- Australian citizenship and holding or be able to successfully obtain and retain a minimum Australian Government Baseline Security Clearance
Desireable skills and experience;
- Experience with large-scale, multi-region deployments in a public cloud (preferably AWS)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Advanced database administration skills
- Familiarity with version control using git
- Deep understanding of networks; experience troubleshooting LAN and WAN issues
- A drive to optimise code and automate routine tasks
Some Benefits of Joining Our Team
- Global flexible working policy
- Perkbox, exclusive perks and discounts
- A variety of professional development opportunities
- Counseling access (personal and work-related)
- Enhanced parental leave
- Four weeks (20 days) annual leave increasing after three years of service
- Free superannuation coaching and advice through our default super fund
- This role is also able to participate in the annual company bonus scheme
- Minimum Waste policy, encouraging minimal office waste.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace you would thrive in, send us your CV and cover letter by clicking 'Apply for this job'.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.