Design the next generation user experience for a suite of web and mobile applications used by millions of users. Translate complex business problems into intuitive software solutions. Create compelling designs and functional prototypes of new user experiences and product features. Investigate and evaluate new design concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with product managers, business analysts and software engineers to refine software requirements and evaluate design alternatives.
- Refine design alternatives through the use of wireframes, prototypes, user feedback, and other established usability methods.
- Continuously iterate over designs to improve the user experience.
- Build functional high-fidelity UI prototypes and design specifications
- Work with engineers to ensure that UI designs are technically feasible and can be implemented within release timeframes.
- Investigate cutting edge browser based presentation designs and technologies to influence product design and UI architecture direction.
- Define UI standards and perform UI reviews to ensure compliance with standards.
Skills and Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Experience in interaction design, human factors, and visual/graphic design
- Passionate about designing rich user experiences with a proven track record of designing innovative and compelling web-based interfaces
- Must possess a relentless attention to detail, a gifted eye for aesthetics and the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters
- Ability to brainstorm well with others (designers, engineers, and product managers)
- Exceptional understanding of fundamental interaction design and usability principles
- Excellent understanding of cross-browser standards compliance
- Ability to create final graphic and other UI assets for flawless design implementation.
- Good communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively operate under general direction.
EOE, including disability/vets