What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as the leader of the infrastructure, network, and security operation team and oversee their tickets and projects.
- Collaborate with other Hosting teams to automate data center operations.
- Identify opportunities to increase observability, build automation to detect and heal problems to drive uptime across our data center and cloud infrastructures.
- Participate in the organization’s gap analysis, risk assessment, and internal/external audit processes.
- Balance internal & external client requests, and objectives-based long term projects while maintaining SLAs and due dates.
- Understand and approve the design, implementation, and maintenance of the team’s infrastructure.
- Work collaboratively to facilitate best security practices related to user access, data transfer, and product deployment to minimize risk in our hosted environments.
- Serve as an escalation point for the Infrastructure, Network and Security Operations teams for their 24/7 on-call rotations to keep our systems up and running.
- Review and approve change requests related to infrastructure, networking, and firewall devices as needed.
- Stay apprised of the latest security threats and vulnerabilities.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- A strong technical knowledge of infrastructure and security principles.
- You understand and can support high availability systems and applications.
- You have a deep understanding of infrastructure, security, and networking best practices.
- You have experience with both on premise and cloud infrastructure, networking and firewall technologies, WAFs, and IDS/IPS systems.
- Ability to mentor team members and share your knowledge to increase your team’s skills and understanding.
- Translate executive requests into actionable items and broker communication to obtain the best results while keeping projects on track.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, balancing conflicting priorities while maintaining your cool.
- You are a leader that can coordinate multiple teams, peers, and executives to accomplish the organization’s goals.
- You can create and organize great documentation, usually without being prompted. We are huge fans of clear and concise documentation.
- You are capable of mentoring technical and non-technical employees, helping them reach their professional goals.
Nice to haves:
- You have experience managing global teams.
- You have worked in SaaS cloud and data center environments.
- You are naturally driven to automate and standardize technology, processes, and control configuration changes.
- Your experience includes automation and defining infrastructure as code.
- You’ve been through ISO and SOC audits and understand the how and why of security practices and building solid audit trails.
About the company:
PeopleFluent provides flexible cloud solutions that put learning at the heart of talent strategy. As a market leader in integrated talent management and learning solutions, PeopleFluent helps companies hire, develop, and advance a skilled and motivated workforce. Deployed separately or as a suite, our Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance, Succession, Compensation, and Learning solutions deliver a superior user experience that guides managers and employees with contextual learning – right in the flow of work.
PeopleFluent Learning is part of Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG).
For more information, visit www.peoplefluent.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EOE, including disability/vets