Open LMS is a Moodle-based Learning Management System that helps educators improve the learning experience and outcomes of millions of learners across the globe. Open LMS is pursuing a technology strategy to consolidate the open source LMS space. For more information about Open LMS, please visit our website, and to get a feel for our culture and meet members of the team, hit our Youtube channel.
At this time, the Revenue Team is at a critical stage in their integration with products changing, people shifting the focus of their role, processes being created or changed, functions and practices being shaped to serve this integrated company more effectively and efficiently.
Role Description Summary
The VP of Revenue is responsible for leading and driving change in a complex organization and continually changing markets. They are accountable for meeting the revenue goals of the acquired and integrated companies that comprise Open LMS. Responsible for multiple streams of revenue; retention and growth of the existing customer base, sales of new logos, cross selling new products into existing customers and sales of 3rd party channel partners across the globe.
This position is a member of the Executive / Leadership team and participates in strategic discussions and decisions regarding all aspects of the business and organization. As an Executive Leader of Open LMS is responsible for driving the changes needed to achieve business results.
This role requires leading a global team of sales directors, account executives, account managers, and channel partner managers to achieve aggressive goals. Additionally, this person is the executive owner of channel partner contracts, relationships, programs, and goals.
The VP of Revenue reports directly to the Managing Director and has responsibilities to report data and KPIs to the CEO of LTG, to the board of directors, or to external analysts or stakeholders.
As the VP of Revenue, responsible for promoting and exemplifying the desired culture across Open LMS and externally.
- Create and manage a $xxxx budget globally and for all markets. Collaborate with LTG Finance in the budget creation process.
- Own the financial goals and budget for all streams of revenue; forecast activities regarding sales, report on pipeline status, alert executive / leadership team of potential problems. Collaborate with LTG finance on issues and processes.
- Evaluate new geographic markets for expansion and lead executive decision making regarding business opportunities.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Growth functions to generate demand.
- Develop or generate other avenues of demand within the revenue team including outbound lead generation and prospecting.
- Lead the revenue organization in defining strategic directions such as goals or objectives, territories or customer teams. Establish better definitions of revenue positions, review compensation programs, and define commitments to each market.
- Manage and coach 3-6 direct reports performing different functions in the revenue team. Direct efforts in new logo sales and coach direct reports in negotiation. Guide the account management team in developing practices and learning skills of cross and up sell as well as contract renewals. Establish channel partner programs and develop the roles associated with managing those programs.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Engineering, or similar relevant field.
- 3-5 years in leading sales organizations; some international
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate change as sales leader
- Accomplished at building and executing a strategy for growth/ expansion of current customer base as a manager preferred
- Experience with 3rd party channel partner organizations preferred
- Fluent in English, and other languages (Spanish) preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience with Salesforce Lighting
- Great networking aptitude and ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Able to apply strong analytical and problem-solving skills to complex issues.
- Ability to work with ambiguity in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Can build high-performing teams of diverse roles
- Exceptional communication skills; able to build trust and credibility with a wide range of people.
- Customer Obsession - Attentive and responsive to customer (internal and external) concerns.
- Results Oriented - Identifies, confronts and overcomes barriers to successful completion of a task or project; “put first things first.”
- Self -Aware - Aware of yourself and your Impact on others
- Integrator Mindset - Encourages a participative process; has a “win-win” orientation.
- Adaptable - Capable of adapting to others and new situations; flexible; can handle multiple tasks
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.