The Support Consultant develops an expertise with PeopleFluent’s suite of HR software products and applies that expertise in resolving customer inbound issues, providing a level of quality support that results in a high degree of customer satisfaction. Responsible for analyzing logs, troubleshooting information, assisting in solving product defects and working to define and/or resolve customer problems through telephone discussions and written correspondence. Acts as a frequent inter-organizational contact as an expert and champion of support’s services. Serve as an outside customer contact on technical and product related problems, diagnosing software and systems failures, and using established procedures.
In this position we have a number of later shift hours of work detailed below given the Global nature of our business, these hours may suit someone based in the Mid West:
Late Shift hours of work
-11 am - 8 pm Eastern
-10 am - 7 pm Central
- 9 am - 6 pm Mountain
- 8 am - 5 pm Pacific
- You will also be on a call rotation for late nights/weekends
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide functional guidance to customers on product usage across multiple modules
- Manage communications on support tickets through to closure
- Ability to effectively define, research and resolve customer issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Have the appropriate expertise and understanding to work with minimal guidance to research and resolve customer issues.
- Provides timely updates to the customer on the status of outstanding issues, this includes updating all support tools in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Thoroughly and articulately document progress, findings, solutions, communications, etc in ticketing system
- Engage other departments as necessary for resolving customer issues
- Assist senior team members with complex issues to gain experience and exposure to more advanced product issues.
- Manage moderately complex customer relationships, and resolves moderate customer problems within designated product lines
- Regularly serve as a technical/application resource for others within the organization who need your understanding and expertise on various product issues.
- Developing subject matter expertise (SME) in assigned module and gaining knowledge of other modules. Can produce and review documentation for assigned module to assist with training materials.
- Regularly contribute to and sometimes conduct product issue reviews within the organization.
- Provide regular status and progress updates to management on high visibility customer situations
- Become familiar with industry developments via trade journals, conferences, or educational opportunities.
- Ability to test complex customer conditions for which there is known solution and provide effective methods to assist the customer in resolving or providing a functional work-around to resolve the business issue at hand.
- Understands how to use debugging tools in the product for analyzing issues
- Maintain an awareness of business unit and company objectives.
- Mentors Associate Support Consultants
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years experience in technical customer support or similar (engineering/development/hosting/operations career history)
- Knowledge of database schema and configuration including comfort in query writing and performance diagnostics.
- Knowledge of reporting tools like BIRT, Business Intelligence, SQL Reporting services, etc.
- Able to manage difficult customer situations and position difficult messages
- Consulting and/or product management experience or equivalent work experience
- Able to manage urgent escalated issues requiring resources from multiple groups
- Able to manage and drive multiple complex issues for the same customer while keeping them informed of progress
- Some knowledge of HR space and business practices
- Effectively manages customer facing meetings
- Understands SaaS
- Effective oral and written communication
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide onsite customer assistance.
- Ability to perform cross-functional tasks within the support organization.
- Thrives in a team environment
- Good time management skills
For any organization, and especially those in high-stakes industries, managing your talent is an important job — and the tools to manage talent are constantly changing; hence, PeopleFluent has actively been acquiring and merging new products and brands and is looking for talented individuals to transition into the leading HR tech provider in the space.
PeopleFluent is uniquely positioned to help employers close the gap between current and future workforce capabilities. Our solutions support recruitment, performance, compensation, succession, and learning, as well as org charting. These solutions work together or separately to connect the modern talent journey, which encompasses the collective employee experience, identifying the skills gaps, providing opportunities to learn, and defining paths for career growth.
PeopleFluent products are used by more than 25 million users and 1,500 clients in over 200 countries and territories, because we understand HR operations. PeopleFluent has a strong track record of supporting HR professionals. We’ve been doing it for more than 20 years.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EOE, including disability/vets