In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of the Scrum team commitments. You will analyze business needs and collaborate with the Product Owner to create test plans, cases, and scripts, and their acceptance criteria along with manual testing execution.
The key accountabilities of this role encompass duties that principally relate to the job purpose and may include other duties that are incidental or peripheral to the job purpose.
Duties of this role will include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Executing manual tests and analyzing results.
- Reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Maintaining and extending the regression test suite.
- Recommending, implementing, and monitoring preventative and corrective actions to ensure that quality assurance standards are achieved.
- Ensuring that user expectations are met during the testing process.
- Detecting and reporting bugs or defects throughout the development process.
Key Result Areas
Performance objectives are based on the key accountabilities above and are aligned to organisational and team objectives. Individual performance measures and behavioural standards will be discussed and reviewed on a periodic basis in accordance with the Open LMS Performance Development Policy and Procedure.
- Decide priorities to achieve required performance levels
- Decide when to request information from other staff
- Identify own development needs
- At least 1 years of experience in QA
- Has a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Has previous experience in Quality Assurance as an analyst or engineer
- Has excellent problem-solving skills
- Has excellent writing, communication, and analytical skills
- Is familiar with issue tracking, testing techniques, and operating systems
- Familiarity with Agile software development life cycle is preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.