This leadership role is responsible for managing a global team of Solutions Architects and Onboarding Project Managers (SA/OPM). The team is responsible for both presales interactions with potential clients and help manage the post-sale delivery of that vision. The support of the global sales teams includes the skills to explain, demo, and prove the value of our solutions to our potential customers. They will work collaboratively with customers to design the proper solutions for them. The team also manages the delivery and onboarding project to ensure that the customer’s operational visions are realized and that our customers are prepared to leverage their new systems for value realization at go-live.
The key accountabilities of this role encompass duties that principally relate to the job purpose and may include other duties that are incidental or peripheral to the job purpose.
Duties of this role will include but are not limited to the following:
- Hire, train, and retain key talent for the presales, delivery, and project management needs of the organization.
- Establish goals, standards, and set expectations of performance and practices within the SA/OPM team.
- Develop and implement a program for a consistent, high quality customer onboarding experience.
- Collaborate and maintain a close working relationship with product, engineering, sales, marketing, and services.
- Work with sales leadership and clients to design, create, and present business solutions to increase client revenue growth.
- Drive the development of account plans for larger clients.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal functional areas to ensure solutions are implemented and supported in-line with client expectations.
- Ensure all requirements are met for customer to have a seamless go live date for their business.
- Responsible for guiding new customers from contract signing through onboarding, to a point where they are successfully utilizing Open LMS products.
- Communicate project status internally and externally, escalate when necessary, and develop risk mitigation strategies for any blockers.
- Communicate between regions and assist in coordinating activities across multiple departments
- Review and report metrics and capacity planning to senior leaders. Analyze metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with direct reports as well as lead recurring team meetings.
- Guide and coach direct reports; give feedback and assess development, address employee issues; conduct employee performance appraisals.
- Serve as an escalation point for functionally related matters.
Key Result Areas
Performance objectives are based on the key accountabilities above and are aligned to organizational and team objectives. Individual performance measures and behavioural standards will be discussed and reviewed on a periodic basis in accordance with the Open LMS Performance Development Policy and Procedure.
- Decide priorities to achieve required performance levels
- Decide when to request information from other staff
- Identify own development needs
- Relevant tertiary qualification such as a B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience
- At least 5+ years experience in a client facing role
- At least 3+ years work experience in education or ed-tech
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Passionate about customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Exceptional listening, written, and oral communication
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Customer focused with an understanding that both internal and external customers require you to meet their needs in a professional and understanding manner
- Extensive knowledge of Learning Management Systems (in particular Moodle™)
- Multi-lingual a plus (Spanish, Portuguese)
Core Open LMS Competencies
- Attentive and responsive to customer (internal and external) concerns
- Listens to and anticipates relevant needs of the customer
- Identifies, influences and manages customer expectations
- Adjusts own schedule to put customer needs first
- Responds quickly to customer problems
- Initiates informal meetings to build relationships
- Puts aside personal issues in favor of customer satisfaction
- Identifies confronts and overcomes barriers to successful completion of a task or project; “puts first things first.”
- Demonstrates a “sense of urgency”
- Focuses on outcomes rather than activities
- Anticipates and prevents obstacles to timely completion of a project
- Is willing to stretch to accomplish goals and “make it happen.
- Removes unnecessary steps when developing a solution
- Aware of yourself Impact on others
- Aware of yourself as an individual or of your own being and actions and thoughts
- Recognizes own emotions and their effects on how others feel or behave
- Knows ones strengths and limits
- Has a strong sense of one’s self worth and capabilities
- Inhibiting emotions in service of group or organizational norms
- Encourages a participative process; has a “win-win” orientation.
- Open minded and actively receptive ; willingly seeks input from others before making a decision
- Listens for common ground in completing tasks and solving problems
- Cooperates with others rather than working independently
- Demonstrates support for the group over personal wishes
- Shares recognition and credit with others
- Capable of adapting to others and new situations; flexible; can handle multiple tasks
- Shifts among competing tasks and meets deadlines
- Shows willingness and ability to change or adapt to change
- Adapts to and works with diverse groups and work situations
- Accommodates or compromises to meet group needs
- Actively responds to others' ideas and opinions
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.